PDA

View Full Version : Blooming ignorant!

venus89
29-09-2010, 08:01 PM
My stand-in EYP tutor today. I asked a question involving me being a childminder and she asked 'what are the age ranges of the children you babysit?' :eek: :angry: And THEN when I asked a question about parents as partners she suggested that I could do a daily diary or a learning journey..... This woman knows absolutely nothing about Childminders. Grrrrr

Bitsy Beans
29-09-2010, 08:05 PM
My stand-in EYP tutor today. I asked a question involving me being a childminder and she asked 'what are the age ranges of the children you babysit?' :eek: :angry: And THEN when I asked a question about parents as partners she suggested that I could do a daily diary or a learning journey..... This woman knows absolutely nothing about Childminders. Grrrrr

:eek: :eek: :eek: I'd be chucking a copy of EYFS at this "tutor" :angry:

georgie456
29-09-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't how you kept your temper. I would have lost it at 'babysitting'

sarah707
29-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Babysitting!!! :panic:

Pipsqueak
29-09-2010, 08:59 PM
How utterly unprofessional and downright ignorant of her.

Surely as an EYP tutor you are supposed to have a broad based knowledge of all settings. I would be tempted to put in a complaint. if she cannot get the terminology at least right or even have a clue that we follow eyfs then she should not be tutoring.:angry: :angry:

Blaze
29-09-2010, 09:00 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: I'd be chucking a copy of EYFS at this "tutor" :angry:

Same - think you have to make a complaint!:angry:

The Juggler
29-09-2010, 09:42 PM
How utterly unprofessional and downright ignorant of her.

Surely as an EYP tutor you are supposed to have a broad based knowledge of all settings. I would be tempted to put in a complaint. if she cannot get the terminology at least right or even have a clue that we follow eyfs then she should not be tutoring.:angry: :angry:

me too! how can she be tutoring EYPS when she clearly has no idea of the breadth of EY provision:angry: :angry:

venus89
30-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm glad it's not just me :laughing:

Then this is part of the reason I'm doing EYPS, to show that us Childminders are every bit as professional and dedicated - indeed, often more so - than others who work in Early Years. This ignorant tutor might do my setting visit, in which case she's going to have to learn about CMs pretty quickly! Oh, and neither of my tutors has a clue how the setting visit works for Childminders. For other people on the course there's a pretty rigid timetable to stick to involving interviews, setting tour, talking to witnesses etc. The keep emphasising the importance of sticking to this timetable and I've said that if it's time for my 15 minute interview with them but a LO needs me then there's no blooming way the interview is coming first! Time to educate the professionals....

The Juggler
30-09-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm glad it's not just me :laughing:

Then this is part of the reason I'm doing EYPS, to show that us Childminders are every bit as professional and dedicated - indeed, often more so - than others who work in Early Years. This ignorant tutor might do my setting visit, in which case she's going to have to learn about CMs pretty quickly! Oh, and neither of my tutors has a clue how the setting visit works for Childminders. For other people on the course there's a pretty rigid timetable to stick to involving interviews, setting tour, talking to witnesses etc. The keep emphasising the importance of sticking to this timetable and I've said that if it's time for my 15 minute interview with them but a LO needs me then there's no blooming way the interview is coming first! Time to educate the professionals....

hon, i would arrange a meeting to speak to her privately about her attitude. if you get nowhere I would make a formal complaint - seriously. She should not be EYPS never mind teaching it with this attitude.x

ORKSIE
30-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Does she not know the difference between Baby sitters and C/M's:panic: :panic:

This makes me so cross, especially when a so called "Professional" says it:angry:

venus89
01-10-2010, 12:28 PM
hon, i would arrange a meeting to speak to her privately about her attitude. if you get nowhere I would make a formal complaint - seriously. She should not be EYPS never mind teaching it with this attitude.x

She struck me as the kind of person to whom it would be water off a duck's back.... I sat at lunch with a children's centre teacher and another lady who works in a children's centre and they both said that they didn't like her but couldn't place their finger quite on why......

The Juggler
01-10-2010, 01:05 PM
She struck me as the kind of person to whom it would be water off a duck's back.... I sat at lunch with a children's centre teacher and another lady who works in a children's centre and they both said that they didn't like her but couldn't place their finger quite on why......

it's awful that's she's teaching then hon. She has in effect passed her perspective of childminders onto every other student in the class with you now. How's that raising our profile:angry:

michellethegooner
01-10-2010, 01:12 PM
so ignorant I would be tempted to report her, babysitter:mad: :mad: