PDA

View Full Version : Children's table and chairs?

MrsShell
29-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Morning everyone.

I am currently looking online to buy a children's table and chairs. I currently sit the children at my dining table but think it would be easier if they have their own.

I don't have an awful lot of room (or money!) but wondered if any of you could recommend anything or what do you use?

I quite like the look of the Mammut table and chairs from Ikea. Does anyone else have these?

Many thanks.

Michelle x :)

suez
29-09-2010, 10:10 AM
hi, i have a little wooden table that comes with 2 chairs that i got from ikea about 2 yrs ago,i just brought 2 extra chairs my little uns love it :thumbsup:

littleelm
29-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I love the Mammut range aswell... I used to work in a nursery that had umpteen of the tables and chairs... the chair seat is big enough for an adult to sit on comfortably.... it's quite wide! The tables are also super super easy to clean! Definately reccomend them!

Also don't forget to look on ebay... someone might be selling a set in your area... much cheaper than buying it new!

kate.addley
29-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I have the little wooden one with 2 chairs from IKEA and its brilliant, you can paint them or leave them as they are (although the can get a bit grubby as the wood is quite porous) but it is perfect height for ages up to 5 or 6ish! Not very expensive either. And very easy to put together!!!

angiemog
29-09-2010, 10:58 AM
I have the mammut table and chairs and I love it. I got the table and 2 chairs from ebay for £5. I then bought two more chairs from Ikea. As has been said they are study enough for adults to sit on too. x

happytotschildminding
29-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi - I've got mammut ones too - the table is fab - goes up slightly at the edges so pencils don't roll off, and spills stay on the table mostly. The chairs are very stable for little ones - the stools easily skid on my laminate floor. But the backs of my chairs are wobbly now, as the older children swing back on them:( .
Carol

georgie456
29-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I have the little wooden one with 2 chairs from IKEA and its brilliant, you can paint them or leave them as they are (although the can get a bit grubby as the wood is quite porous) but it is perfect height for ages up to 5 or 6ish! Not very expensive either. And very easy to put together!!!

I've got these too - think it was about £18 for the table and 2 chairs (but it was ages ago so might not be right!) We use ours for everything from lunch to sticking and glueing!

Mookins
29-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Morning everyone.

I am currently looking online to buy a children's table and chairs. I currently sit the children at my dining table but think it would be easier if they have their own.

I don't have an awful lot of room (or money!) but wondered if any of you could recommend anything or what do you use?

I quite like the look of the Mammut table and chairs from Ikea. Does anyone else have these?

Many thanks.

Michelle x :)

i love the ikea mammut table and chairs but they dont deliver and im miles away from one else id have one in an instant

xx

Daftbat
29-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Its a real shame you don't live closer to me - I have a table and chairs in the garage which you could have had for free - they are redundant after a toddler group closed down!

Poppins
29-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi i have the SVALA 12.99 and the chairs are about £4 each brill little theing can leave it natural or paint it up.
ikea is such a fantastic place to shop.

flowerpots
29-09-2010, 06:57 PM
im glad you posted and its nice to read all the positive responses because we are going to ikea on the weekend to buy the lo's a table and chairs. :-)

MrsShell
29-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all your responses.

I will definitely be off to Ikea tomorrow to check out the tables and chairs you have all recommended and I will try and stop myself from buying anything else whilst I'm there!:D

Michelle x

PixiePetal
29-09-2010, 08:26 PM

I had this set for my kids - they are teens now. :)
Table has been used to hold DDs fish tank and is now the one we use to stand the christmas tree on it is so steady:thumbsup: Chairs still in use too.

I have a school type fold up table now - worth every penny :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
29-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I had the mammut table, the stools and the chairs.

My advice would be leave it in the shop!

The legs fell off all my chairs for a past time (and they were put on correctly so it wasn't for that reason) making them completely dangerous and unsuitable for use. This also happened to somebody else I know who had the chairs so I wasn't alone. The stools were much better and well worth the fiver or so that they cost. The table is huge and far too big for our normal size lounge, also the top came off the bottom leaving 5 nasty screws poking out.

I replaced it with a table and chairs from argos which is fab and very good quality. We also bought two little red chairs with animals on the back from ikea as the argos set had only 2 chairs, they seem fine.

guest4
29-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh, I love my Mammut table and chairs.
Only had it about 2 months but its been used for all sorts..... in the garden, playroom etc...
Would say that the backs on the chairs are a bit unsteady but my little ones know not to climb on it so all good!!!!!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience

Tracey x

lindylou
30-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Hi I have just got a great one from Great Little Trader its the star one and has storage trays under it
Linx