PDA

View Full Version : Late collection fees

TillyTwinkle
07-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi,

I currently mind twins and on a couple of occassions just recently they have been collected half an hour late. I have it in my contract that I charge £1.50 for every 15 minutes over agreed hours, but don't know whether I should be applying that to each child or just each parent - if you know what i mean?

Just wanting some advise really as DH thinks it should be for each child collected late! I just don't want to seem greedy!!

Please help

xx

sarah707
07-04-2008, 08:58 PM
It depends on what you have said and agreed in your contract.

I suggest, tbh, you have a chat with the twin's mum, say it's clear that her hours have changed and the contract you have drawn up is no longer relevant...

Then you can suggest you write a new one and while you are at it, you can clear up things like overtime charges. It will solve any misunderstanding in the long run.

Hope this helps :D

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I would have to agree with Sarah - have a chat with the parents about this

But to be honest it should be for each child

I would imagine you have a contract for each of them so there you go

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

TillyTwinkle
08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks for your advice.

Should have mentioned that its only when mum's boyfriend picks them up and it is stated how much I charge for late collection in my payment policy - but not on the contract. And yes each of the children have their own contract!

Mum has already asked how much she owes for her BF arriving late but I have just said it will be in next invoice.

Tatia
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Oh good, she actually asked you! That's wonderful. Make sure to charge her cos otherwise it will become habit.

Kelly
08-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I agree with Sarah, I think you need to find time to discuss with mum. If the overtime rates are not in your contract, I would make sure they are, unless the mum has signed to say she has read and understands the payment policy she could dispute it.

Kelly

TillyTwinkle
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Mum has signed form to say she has read and understood policy & procedures so I think im covered. She is very understanding and always wants to make sure im not doing myself out of any money! She even offered to pay for meals for her children as they are big eaters!!

Many thanks everyone.

xx

ma7ie
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I've just realised that although in my policies I state a late payment fee of £10 for every 15 minutes that a parent is late, there is nowhere in my NCMA contracts that mentions it.

If a parent has signed to say they have read, understood and agree to my policies, do you think that is enough?

TillyTwinkle
08-04-2008, 01:42 PM
I've just realised that although in my policies I state a late payment fee of £10 for every 15 minutes that a parent is late, there is nowhere in my NCMA contracts that mentions it.

If a parent has signed to say they have read, understood and agree to my policies, do you think that is enough?

This is what I have been wondering!! I have added in the additonal notes section of the NCMA contract, that a monthly rate is based on a 4 week month and also that it is during term time only, but didn't think to mention the late fee until now!!

Why oh why are these contracts so complicated - or is it just me who thinks they are not that straight forward!??

Tilly.xx