PDA

View Full Version : Do you organise your LJ pages in age brackets?

venus89
28-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I can't think of a good way to explain, but you know the age groups in the EYFS book, 30-50 months, say? Well do you put things which come under different age brackets onto different pages of the LJ? I can't get my EYFS book now as it's in a room with a sleeping child -scary stuff! - but if eating everything which looks like mud came under 12-18 months and sticking pencils up your nose came under 16-28 months, would you put them on the same page?

rickysmiths
28-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Mind are divided into the six areas of learning and within those sections observations, examples of work and photograhs go in as they are done, so in date order if that makes sense? So yes there is information from the different ages and stages for the child in each area of learning as they get older and progress.

porky1979
28-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I do mine in the 6 areas too and in date order to show progression. I find it easier to look back on it and make sure i can see my next steps. :)

venus89
28-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Thank you - so within each section of L&D it goes chronologically, which generally follows the ages&stages suggested by EYFS anyway? I just wanted to check as one I saw which a preschool had done was subdivided into L&D and then had pages within those sections for age brackets too. I was concerned that if I did that and a child was at a lower developmental stage than their actual age in an area it may cause problems with the parents.....

miss mopple
28-09-2010, 01:17 PM
I just do mine in date order, use colour coded stickers to link to eyfs, and have the development matters grids in the front that I highlight as each one is achieved and date it so it refs back to the obs

singlewiththree
28-09-2010, 03:58 PM
I do the 6 areas of learning too and then chronologically in that area. I agree if you did it in age order and then areas of learning then the child may not reach that development stage at the same time. I know I have children who are across 3 age brackets.

caz3007
28-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I just do mine in date order, use colour coded stickers to link to eyfs, and have the development matters grids in the front that I highlight as each one is achieved and date it so it refs back to the obs

I bought coloured stars last week to try and do it that way, but for the life of me, cant remember what I have done with the stickers, still off to town on Friday, so will just have to get some more :laughing:

Chell
04-10-2010, 07:16 PM

Thank you, just been looking at your sheets and trying to work out how to use them!

miffy
04-10-2010, 07:20 PM
I do mine in date order too

Miffy xx

KAZBAZ55
21-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Date order too but looking at changing to the 6 areas instead.
Not sure what will be easier and what will be the best way till i try both!
:(

Ripeberry
21-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Exactly what I do and it shows progression. Was looking back at my now 2yr old mindee's LJ and it was lovely to see how he had grown so much in one year :)

sarah707
21-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I do mine in date order - month by month.

I put the Eyfs 6 areas closest to the child's current learning and development with each section but I do check above and below in the ages and stages to make sure there is progression going on.

Hth :D