PDA

View Full Version : charging for meals ?

nelly
28-09-2010, 11:45 AM
hi, am really trying to make my paper work easier so was thinking could i have a set price for my meals like they do at school instead of working it out individually. thanks nelly

rickysmiths
28-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I must say I have never charged sperately for food. I find it much easier to include it in the hourly fee.

pinklady
28-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I include snacks in my hourly rate, parents provide lunch and evening meals are £2 a day.

Mummits
29-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I charge the same as a school lunch. It saves me having to think when to put the price up as my own kids' meals go up every now and again. I think if that's what the school charges, with all the bulk buying discounts they must get, it must be a bargain!

mama2three
29-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Do you mean for charging parents or for your accounts?

For account is just averaged out the costs of my meals and snacks over a couple of weeks and stick with this amount... The tax man isnt interested in fractions of a pint of milk , half an apple etc!

MissTinkerbell
29-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I charge a set amount - snacks and drinks are included but I charge £1 for lunch and £1.50 for tea (£2 for older children). I don't include it in the hourly rate because not all my mindees stay for tea.