PDA

View Full Version : Getting really fed up....

kitty
07-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Since last Oct I've been minding two sisters (5 &2) as and when the mum needs me, usually a couple of days a week, which suits me as I only want to work part-time. Well now she has had her hours cut at work and most of the time asks a friend to have the girls on the day she works. She has been calling me though to do a couple of days a week when she is asked to do extra - which is fine. However, she called last Thurs to ask if I could do this wed and thur, I called her back after rearranging some plans we had made on these days and she said, can I call you back tomorrow, I need to confirm it with work. Well I've heard nothing and am extremely peeved to say the least, don't know what to do, really don't think i should have to call her...

Also, I had a couple of people around last week, trying to get some regular work - first lady decided to place her son elsewhere, fair enough, other one advertised at my daughters school for her child in sept, before and after school care - we had a long chat on the phone and it emerged that she also needed a place for her two year old. I've only got a small car and couldnt fit them in , so I said I'd only be able to do the school age child. the whole family came around one saturday and she said after that was very happy with everything, but still needed somewhere for both girls :mad: Just feel as though nothing is going right atm, I hardly get any phone calls as it is and when I do the timings/schools/numbers aren't right. To add to it all in September my middle daughter is going to a school 16miles aways from us and i'll be taking her so any school runs locally are going to be tight.. aaarrrgghhh:panic:
Thanks for listening
Kitty
xxxxxxxxx

mum2two
07-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear things aren't going well at the moment.

I think we all go through this though. You feel like you're never going to get sorted, and somehow it all works itself out.

I hate parents who don't get back to you, or send loads of e-mails back and forward - then just stop! :angry:

Do they think we do all that just for fun!!!

Hope things sort themselves out for you really soon.

Kelly x

katickles
07-04-2008, 08:31 PM
I just wanted to say that I hope things pick upi & get a little easier for you soon. It is hard when starting out, everyone keeps reassuring us on here that soon enough we'll be turning people away as we're full, so hopefully this will be you soon!

At least you can always come on here & everyone will try & cheer you up.

Do you manage to get out & about to toddlers groups etc? Just thinking its a great way to get your name about & for extra support off other minders aswell. :)

sarah707
07-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Do they think we do all that just for fun!!! Kelly x

Yes, sometimes I think they do! :(

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh Poor you hope you get things sorted with this parent soon you need to know where you stand dont you

Hope things start to look up for you soon

Angel xx

Twinkles
07-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Sorry you're having problems hope you get something soon.

Pipsqueak
07-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Perhaps you need to explain to mum that you feel the arrangement is working out as well anymore - due to her chopping and changing and it becoming less and less hours, lack of commincation etc and you are going to look for more full time permanant work?

It depends on what you want to do - more regular hours? If that is the case then perhaps you need to give up this family?

Hope you work something out

kitty
08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for all your support, feeling a bit better today, although still haven't heard from the mum, really really peeved. I've decided I'm defo not going to ring. If they turn up in the morning, I'm just going to say that I wasn't expecting them, (cos I'm not) but won't turn them away as I need the money!! I've helped them out so much in the past,even picking up mum from the station, but they are just so blooming disorganised I'm not surprised. Just really don't think I should be messed around, I've got enough on my plate as it is..... esp in the holidays. Am going to try advertising a bit more as well. .. thanks again
Kitty
xxxx