PDA

View Full Version : Taking on more mindees

Pudding Girl
07-04-2008, 07:12 PM
ok have been thinking about this - if I got enq for another child less than 3, although I am within my numbers, I think if it clashed with the two full days I do with the twins, I would have to turn down, as we wouldn't be able to go out.

I am NOT getting a triple buggy, and would you agree it wouldn't be fair on my original mindees, and the new ( and me!!!) being stuck in the house ( and garden I suppose) for 10 hours.

Not that I have any more enqs just yet, am thinking out loud LOL

what would you do? just instantly say no you couldn't?

Minnie Minx
07-04-2008, 07:14 PM
i think you should think about it. Just think children in nursery's don't go out and about and they are happy healthy well adjusted children and they play outside. If you get an enquiry go for it!!

xxx

mum2two
07-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I find it easier saying to myself - 'I'm going to say no' and then if I can do it saying yes, as I hate letting people down if I can do it! Sorry not really much help! :p

If you don't think it'll work out, then say no. You've got to do what works for you & current mindees at the end of the day.

Kelly x

Lou
07-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Also depends on the age of child??

If they were able to walk or stand on buggy board, you wouldnt need a triple buggy.

Just see what happens xx

crazybones
07-04-2008, 07:18 PM
My own 2 year 3 months old walks on reins a lot of the time. I think it would depend on the child and age.

Pudding Girl
07-04-2008, 07:26 PM
should add we have to walk at least 30 mins to get anywhere nice lol

I see what you are saying T and maybe if it were only for the one day, fair enough, but it's also MY going out time lol, am just starting to meet other minders and made a few new friends last couple of weeks, and intend going to toddlers groups only just found out about. So it's not just the fact of the mindees not getting out, it's me too!

I won't havea buggy board, good idea though, but I have to walk very upright, got a bad back you see and I doubt I could with a buggy board on ( even if it did fit my buggy!) plus what about when it rains, child is sleepy etc?

i'm just thinking on, ignore me lol

( but don't actually ignore me!! :panic: )

son77
08-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I have a 2.5 year old daughter & an 11 month old mindee & on my advertising I have stated that I can only take on another child over the age of 2.

My daughter will walk alittle but soon gets fed up then wants picking up.

Dont think I could cope with another baby, & besides where would they all sleep?

Rubybubbles
08-04-2008, 12:42 PM
how old are the twins?

I would take them on, you don't have to go everywhere to provide a good service hun as someone already said! my dd at 2 walked everywhere and will out walk her 6 yr old brother any day now (shes 3 1/2)

sarah707
08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I have some really good walkers at the moment... but in the past I have huffed and puffed with a double buggy... certainly wouldn't want a triple, I agree with you there!

You have to think what works for you and the little ones you have at the moment... I think that's the key. :D

Kelly
08-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Lou how old are the twins? I have all my under 3 places filled and find it OK we walk to school (a mile round trip) twice a day and go out to lots of groups etc. Mine are 17mths, 26mths + 30mths, I use a double and with either a buggy board (I use the pick up buggy board, so they can sit if tired) or more often a swiss bibi rider either of the older ones are happy to use it, they like going on the bike! I like the bike as I can push the pushchair without breaking me back, you hardly no its attached, very light!

I think it is doable if you think about it, if the twins are young, maybe you could decide that the next one must be +18mths so is able to use a buggy board/bike/walk

Good luck deciding!

Kelly

tomthumb
08-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi Lou, it is a difficult decision to take and it is hard to say no isn'it? You have to do what fits you but I agree with the others, you can stay at home some days and play in the garden. You can always invite another childminder round?
In September, I will have my own, who will be 1, another 1 year old and an 18months old :eek: I am completely mad the more I think about it!!! Not sure how I will cope with getting out and about. The 18 months old has been waling since 10 months so should be pretty confident then.
Kelly, what is the bibi thingy bike you talking about??? It sounds fun! ;)
Good luck anyway whatever you decide!!

Elodie XX

Kelly
08-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Elodie

Here is the info:

www.twinsuk.co.uk/product.php?id=100710

There are loads of places you can get them though

Kelly

Tily Bud
08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
A while ago i used to have to use a double buggy and have another child in a carrier on my back :eek: it was hard work but i managed xx

jmoff
08-04-2008, 06:49 PM
how about this one?:laughing: :laughing:

http://www.twinsuk.co.uk/product.php?id=100743

Jana xx

PS: From June I will have a 20mnth old, 18mnth old and a 15mnth old 5 days a week...so have to have a big think as well.

tomthumb
08-04-2008, 08:07 PM
thanks Kelly, this looks really good.
ahah Jana, they can even go to nursery on their own!!!! off you go, then!!!

Elodie x

miffy
08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Would never say no straight away always think about it first

Some possible solutions here already

miffy xx