PDA

View Full Version : Muzzy

clio0602
28-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi I was just wondering if anyone has used Muzzy the BBC language course. I was thinking of getting for my dd and poss use for minding aswell but not sure if its worth the £120ish for the 5 language set???

Any opinions good or bad??? Thanks x

pinkbutterfly
28-09-2010, 09:58 AM
I learnt English from Muzzy. In my country they put it on TV on Saturday for kids to watch. It was brilliant. Loved the characters. Easy story line. Easy explanation of simple grammar structures etc and all in target language which was brilliant because you learn the language as it comes not through translating into another language. IMO £120 for 5 languages is a bargain!
HTH

Hebs
28-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I have it and put the cost through my accounts.

not used it yet :blush:

clio0602
01-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Well I decided to buy and it arrived this morning. Hmmm not sure on the quality the picture and sound not very clear at all.

My dd though 2.5yrs cried when it had finished and wanted to watch it again so maybe she saw something I didn't lol

Have to see how it goes and if she learns anything at all xx

Oh we're doing spanish at the mo

Helcatt
01-10-2010, 03:08 PM
My DD loves it and we do have it on time and again. Not sure that she has picked up much from it but we'll see

IT varies alot though, some weeks she wants it on all the time and others not at all.

I was going to put it through my books and then didn't, can't remember why now. I had bought it for minding as I am trying to learn Italian and am labelling stuff in two languages - to help me if nothing else

HX

littleelm
01-10-2010, 07:22 PM
My brother and I had French Muzzy on video when we were small... getting on for 20 years ago! The only problem was... it came with the videos in english aswell.... and we used to just watch them instead!