PDA

View Full Version : Really Excited...bi-lingual mindees

VINASOL
27-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm really excited. Lady came around today and signed contracts for me to have her two children (girl, nearly 3; boy, 17mths). They are bi-lingual French and it is only for two afternoon's a week but I'm really looking forward to it.

The little boy doesn't communicate much; however, this afternoon whilst signing contracts, he interacted really well with my 8yr old mindee and was 'chatting' away; mum was shocked to say the least.

So a good start.
:clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy:

(so that now makes five children on my books!!)

Pipsqueak
27-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Excellent news:clapping: :clapping:

sounds like the little boy is going to surprise everyone:)

mrs.h
27-09-2010, 06:59 PM
hi,

i minded two girls last year and it was hard as i had to repeat everything i said in their language. parents weren't to bothered about them learning english as they went to an european school and didn't intend to stay in the uk that long. it was hard work.

but your case seems different, so good luck :)

mrs.h

Playmate
27-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Thats bril :clapping: We have a little girl who is 5 and have had her since she was 9mths. She is bilingural English/French and speaks both languages fluently. Its been great working with the family, Mum is English and Dad is french. Dad is also very useful when my girls are stuck withe their french h/w :D

Ripeberry
27-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I would love to have a bi-lingual French child as I'm fluent in French but have not 'advertised' it as such.
Do you think it would be a 'selling point'? Most foreign parents around here are German or Polish.

manjay
27-09-2010, 08:42 PM
The majority of my mindees are bilingual. It's a great help to little old me trying to learn Welsh:rolleyes: