PDA

View Full Version : Risk assesment tick list

lady boss
07-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi,

Do you all do a daily tick list in the morning? I was just wondering how this works? Sorry if this sounds a dumb question, but wouldnt you have most safety things in order anyway sockets covered ect. Apart from checking babies cannot pick up any small objects left lying around ect.

Do you all print lots of the same sheet out for each day? This would use an awful lot of paper. x

crazybones
07-04-2008, 06:54 PM
My list is quite basic for the mornings

HIGHCHAIRS CLEAN AND RESTRAINTS WORKING

BATHROOM CLEAN AND STOCKED (NAPPIES, WIPES, BAGS, GLOVES ETC)

FRIDGE CLEAN, CHECK TEMP, FOOD STORAGE

FLOORS CLEAR, CLEAN AND HOOVERED

KITCHEN CLEAN, FLOOR WASHED, CLEANING PRODUCTS STORED

BIN EMPTIED AND CLEAN

WATER COOLER FULL AND ON

TELEPHONE WORKING

ALL KEYS DOORS AND WINDOWS CHECKED AND EXITS CLEAR

DINING TABLE CLEAR AND READY

MEALS PLANNED AND INGREDIENTS AVAILABLE (SHOPPING LIST)

CHECK TOY BOXES FOR INAPPROPRIATE TOYS

PAPERWORK READY (ATTENDANCE BOOK, DIARY, ETC)

WELCOME BOARD OUT

CURRENT THEME BOARD OUT

CHECK GARDEN - DRY EQUIPMENT, CHECK NO WATER COLLECTIONS OR CAT FAECES IN BEDS OR SANDPIT

CHECK SHED LOCKED

crazybones
07-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Need to change that as I havent seen my dining table for quite a while.:laughing: The breakfast bar is clear though

lady boss
07-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks Annie, do you use a separate piece of paper each day? x

crazybones
07-04-2008, 07:21 PM
No. I just go through it but I am thinking of doing a daily checklist to add to my ever increasing paperwork.:rolleyes:

lady boss
07-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks Annie.
Yes the paper work seems never ending. I have only just started minding but my head is constantly going round in circles!!!:panic:

Tatia
08-04-2008, 08:41 AM
If it's just a tick list then you could do one sheet to cover an entire month so not so much paper.

Tatia
09-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I bought Sarah's "getting organized" pack and it was well worth the money. In it, she includes daily safety checks which I adapted slightly to better fit in with my home and setting, like, ohhh say, including making sure dog dishes are off floor in kitchen (water dishes left out at night) and making sure my mobile phone is charged (cos I tend to forget all the time!) and a few other small bits. But mostly she has thought of everything and it is a very easy monthly tick list.

I'll just pop those into a ring binder called risk assessing, in which I plan to sub-divide for daily checks, specific outings (like park or walking to school or a visit to a friend's) and fire safety/fire drill log.

Tatia
09-04-2008, 10:13 AM
but wouldnt you have most safety things in order anyway sockets covered ect.
Sorry, just read this. Yeah, I think most sensible people would probably do these things as a matter of course (making sure home is clean an tidy) but EYFS is going to be all about proving what you do. For all they know, you could have had a major tidy right before OFSTED showed up so your records will have to speak for you.

Plus, knowing me, there's always something I forget. Mobile phone is a prime example. I have to put it in my daily checks because I have been caught out several times when battery dies on me. Or for example I happened to notice hook latch at top of bathroom door was broken and thought to myself "now when did that happen?" It's now on my daily checks so I need not wonder or get caught out again.

And just to complain a little, socket covers are a major bone of contention in my house.:mad: Either my husband or my older children are forever uncovering them to use and never, ever put the covers back. :angry:

sarah707
09-04-2008, 10:24 AM
And just to complain a little, socket covers are a major bone of contention in my house.:mad: Either my husband or my older children are forever uncovering them to use and never, ever put the covers back. :angry:

My exdh used to go mad over socket covers - he did all the electrics in the house and did something so that if there was a problem, it all went off at the box... he hated the covers, said they broke the sockets over time and served no useful purpose :(

crazybones
09-04-2008, 11:04 AM
OMG Annie

How do you manage to get through all that on a morning?

I struggle to get me and my two kids dressed on a morning.

When I do start minding I will be up at 5am to get organised!

How do you all find the time to do everything and feed your addiction to this website?

Sarah, which pack is your "getting organised" one? I think I need it.

I dont necessarily do it all in the morning - most of it like highchairs and floors is done the night before.

avril
09-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes, I have a tick list like Annies and included fire alarms which are only tested once a wk, first aid box which is once a wk, safety film on glass incase little fingers have been picking!!
Just need to get into the routine of doing it and then it again becomes instilled into you!!!!!!!!:laughing:

Avril x:)

lady boss
13-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks Guys, where can i buy Sarah's organized pack? x

miffy
13-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks Guys, where can i buy Sarah's organized pack? x

Use the link to her website at the bottom of her post and you'll see her resources for sale or just pm her

miffy xx

buildingblocks
14-04-2008, 09:27 PM
If you want to save on paper you could always laminate and use a wipe on/wipe off pen each day and do one a month in paper to put in your file as solid evidence - does that make sense

Karen88
17-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Hi All
Where can i find Sarah's pack, it sounds great!!!!!!!
Thanks
Karen
xx

Tatia
17-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Follow the link to her website at the bottom of her posts.:D

miffy
17-04-2008, 07:04 AM
If you want to save on paper you could always laminate and use a wipe on/wipe off pen each day and do one a month in paper to put in your file as solid evidence - does that make sense

It does Kate and it's a very good idea

miffy xx

son77
17-04-2008, 08:40 AM
The ony tick list I do is a monthly one & that is very generalised.

Outings, house & garden etc I have done a yearly one & inspector was fine with this.

donnahay0
17-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I use a daily cleaning schedule and daily risk assessment check list. I have made them both up to last a whole week and have laminated them both together back to back. I then transfer any problem areas found that week into a risk assessment log book.

My laminator has drastically reduced the amount of paper used each week which can only be a good thing.

buildingblocks
17-04-2008, 07:14 PM
It does Kate and it's a very good idea

miffy xx

Now all I have to do is find a spare moment to put it into practise (see my location)

Rubybubbles
17-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Now all I have to do is find a spare moment to put it into practise (see my location)

hehe ;)