PDA

View Full Version : NCMA & MM

cuffleygirl
27-09-2010, 04:54 PM
I've always been with NCMA for insurance and membership but this year I'm thinking of going to MM, but I have a couple of questions:

Can I buy my public liability insurance from NCMA and use MM for the rest?

How much does MM membership cost?

Will MM honour any dispute I may have in the future if contract is of the NCMA variety?

Wonder if anyone can help?

sarah707
27-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I've always been with NCMA for insurance and membership but this year I'm thinking of going to MM, but I have a couple of questions:

Can I buy my public liability insurance from NCMA and use MM for the rest?

No, you would buy your PL insurance from MM and then be a member of NCMA

How much does MM membership cost?

MM are an insurance company, they sell insurance and have a childcare club which you join when you have their insurance.

See here for more info -

http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/

NCMA has members. I believe their membership costs about £65 a year but I don't have a definite figure.

You can find out more via -

http://www.*************/

Will MM honour any dispute I may have in the future if contract is of the NCMA variety?

MM do not specify what contracts you must use, but they do say that contracts must be fit for purpose.

Wonder if anyone can help?

I hope that helps :D

Kaz1997
27-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I am now with MM, they are much cheaper than NCMA and I regularly recieve emails and updates from them.
Not had any problems with them and I am still using NCMA Contracts!

Lady Haha
27-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Hmmmm! I was thinking of switching from NCMA to MM too! But my ncma card gets me discounts in a few places I take the kids, so are you able to just be a member of NCMA without being insured by them?

LisaMcNally09
27-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Hmmmm! I was thinking of switching from NCMA to MM too! But my ncma card gets me discounts in a few places I take the kids, so are you able to just be a member of NCMA without being insured by them?

Yes you can be a member without the insurance BUT...do you save £50 a year with your NCMA card as thats what the membership costs. Or is it dearer if you dont buy their insurance???

Ive just switched to MM and Im using NCMA contracts for most of my mindees at the moment.:D

hth

Lady Haha
27-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Yes you can be a member without the insurance BUT...do you save £50 a year with your NCMA card as thats what the membership costs. Or is it dearer if you dont buy their insurance???

Ive just switched to MM and Im using NCMA contracts for most of my mindees at the moment.:D

hth

Just looked up on their site....£65 for membership and £23 for insurance, but you can only get insurance with them at the price if you are a member....so £88.00......and no, I don't think I do save that much in discounts really!