PDA

View Full Version : Activity ideas to tie in with story reading?

venus89
27-09-2010, 04:24 PM
My last mindee of the day to leave has just gone and my dd has sat me on the sofa and told me I'm not allowed to move - the kettle is boiling so I think a cuppa is on its way to me :clapping:
Tomorrow we have a visit from a lady from the library to our group to read us stories. I've been trying to think of a craft activity to tie in with this - bearing in mind that I don't know which stories she's going to read - and wanted to make it literacy based but the best I've come up with is sticking letters onto paper and trying to draw them. Any ideas?

Blaze
27-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Make a book! Cut out some pics of different people & places & items- the kids can then stick the pics onto paper ie they choose their main character (s), setting & what the story is about ie little boy, park, kite...little girl, home (house), kitten, grown up woman, road, car IYSWIM....you could do the letters on the front & back cover & then tie it all together with ribbon /string:thumbsup:

Blaze
27-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Found this from Miffy - might tie in - as x's book?

sarah707
27-09-2010, 05:11 PM
You could take along a load of paper plates and decorating crafty stuff and make masks - hopefully she will read an animal book :D

jo f
27-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Take some photos of your mindees at the library then print them out and make a picture showing what they got up to at the library, use pics of books to decorate ( use clip art, printed out and cut out for mindees to stick).
Then the kids can show parents what they have done

The Juggler
27-09-2010, 08:50 PM
you could make spoon or sock puppets to act out a story - three little pigs or similar. or make masks and act it out.

if you do something like three little pigs you could do outdoor play trying to build things with straw, sticks bricks and compare how heavy, strong they are?

or cook some bread after little red hen?

venus89
28-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Thank you all.

After all of that the lady never turned up :laughing:

Blaze
28-09-2010, 12:22 PM
:rolleyes: :laughing: