PDA

View Full Version : MM/NCMA again!

PixiePetal
27-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I think I have decided to change to MM insurance but will still remain a NCMA member as I feel they have their place in CM - just not the insurance part!

Few questions before I commit to MM

Can I still use all my NCMA paperwork - I have used their register/accounts and accident forms since I started 16 years ago and contracts/child record forms more recently (never was aware of needing to be using their contracts to be covered until reading on the forum - unless I had that wrong?)

I might gradually change over paperwork but want to sort one thing at a time and parents have just signed new contracts so don't really want to do it all again unless I need to.

Thanks, sorry if I am going over old ground. Just want to get it right and this is the place for that! :thumbsup:

Daisy1956
27-09-2010, 01:51 PM
If you are insuring do you need to use their forms i use them but I also use some of my own, must admit though I always use their contracts after reading some of the threads on here.

tulip0803
27-09-2010, 09:29 PM
I changed over a few months ago and rang MM to check as I use NCMA paperwork and have just signed new contracts with most of my parents. They said it waas fine to use them. MM are fine with you using your own paperwork and even contracts providing they are correctly legally worded. I use NCMA at min but may change when I run out just to see which I prefer.

I stayed a member of the NCMA though (more expensive doing both I know) because I want the better insurance cover but still want to remain a member of the NCMA.

Millenium
28-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Non-use of NCMA contracts and other documentation will not invalidate your public liability insurance that they sell from Royal & Sun Alliance. What you cannot take advantage of is their provision to pursue contract disputes which is definitely only available if NCMA contracts are used. You can still use their free legal advice service (which I do frequently), they just cannot actually take a case regarding contract dispute and pursue it through the courts.

Their wording states:

NCMA’s Solicitors will provide legal representation for members of NCMA for the following:

Contract disputes in excess of £150 with parents or guardians of children that NCMA members have cared for (provided they have used NCMA’s contract)
legal defence in relation to any criminal offence the NCMA member or their immediate family members are alleged to have committed in the course of their childminding duties
at a tax appeal hearing and
in relation to suspension or deregistration of the NCMA member by Ofsted.

In any case, if it is a contract dispute and I understand that the majority of the cases they are asked to pursue fall in that category, they will only do that for cases where the amount exceeds £150 and the only two problems I have ever had money-wise were just below that amount so they wouldn't have helped me anyway! I just went through the Small Claims Court - it is amazing what the threat of a CCJ does to some people!!!