PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5's

Mykidsrock
27-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Please can someone give me some clarification on Rising 5's.

One of the children I mind is 4 (5 in December) and is in full time school, I just provide wrap around care. Is this LO classed inn my EYFS numbers or as a rising 5, therefore freeing up an EYFS space?

Hope that makes sense.

maisiemog
27-09-2010, 01:00 PM
I believe he's classed as a rising 5. I have two 4yos on my book that I jsut provide wraparound care for and when I asked my DO where they stood she said they were rising 5s but that we still needed to work within the EYFS for them.

MissTinkerbell
27-09-2010, 01:09 PM
He is a rising 5 and can be considered as not in the early Years age group in terms of numbers. However you need the follwoing wording on your certificate:

"when caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education may increase the number of children in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education providing the maximum numbers are not exceeded"

If you haven't got this wording on your certificate I'd get in touch with Ofsted and get it put on so that you are covered.

Chimps Childminding
27-09-2010, 01:42 PM
He is a rising 5 and can be considered as not in the early Years age group in terms of numbers. However you need the follwoing wording on your certificate:

"when caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education may increase the number of children in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education providing the maximum numbers are not exceeded"
If you haven't got this wording on your certificate I'd get in touch with Ofsted and get it put on so that you are covered.

I agree!! I rang Ofsted when my mindee was due to start school in sept, and they sent me a new certificate the the highlighted papargraph on it!! Came through in a couple of weeks or so (I think :rolleyes: )

Mykidsrock
27-09-2010, 05:20 PM

Hi
Thanks I have this wording on my certificate as my own child started school so Ofsted updated it for them. I thought LO was a rising 5 and although I am working within the EYFS framework for him but he is not in my EYFS limited numbers.
Thanks a lot guys xx