PDA

View Full Version : 3 under 3's in car?

Helen79
27-09-2010, 11:50 AM
i'm hopefully going to pass my test soon and wondering how I will fit 3 under 3's in my car. i'll have 2 x 1 year olds any my ds who's 2.
does it matter which child goes in the front?

desiderata
27-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Its best to put them all in the back. I think that they are safer there.

ranger-knight
27-09-2010, 12:00 PM
they are better in the back but as you are going to need 3 proper car seats it might be a sqeeze.. i bought my car with that in mind so can manage it.. just :) loose a bit of skin on my hands occasionally buckling my DS in the middle seat as its a seat belt jobby not a harness

Helen79
27-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I don't think that 3 seats will fit across the back in my car and I definately can't afford a new car.
They all need high back booster with the harness so not sure if I can even put one of those in with a lap belt.

Zoomie
27-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Worst case, put your own child in the front and the two mindees at the back.

Good luck on your test :)

MissTinkerbell
27-09-2010, 12:34 PM
If you really can't get 3 car seats across the back seat (we had to change our car much to my husband's disgust when we had the twins for this reason) check that you do not have a passenger airbag or that it can be turned off and if you have to put your DS in the front and the mindees in the back.

However you can put a child in a front facing car seat with a passenger airbag according to Ford - although its still not advisable.

Good luck with the test.

AliceK
27-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi

The Britax Prince (5 point harness seat) can be used with a lap belt and has a fairly slim base so you MIGHT get three seats across the back. I use a Prince in the middle and 2 x Infinity Pro's on the sides but I have a 7 seater. IF I have to put a child in the front I put the eldest in and as I can't turn my airbag off I push the front seat as far back as it will go but it's quite rare we go out with all 6 children so don't need to do this often.

Good luck

xxxxx

youarewhatyoueat
27-09-2010, 06:03 PM
What car have you got someone may have had the same problem and could help.

Helen79
27-09-2010, 07:12 PM
its a mondeo