PDA

View Full Version : It's the FIRST time in a YEAR...

VINASOL
27-09-2010, 11:50 AM
...that I have been home alone during the day. Don't know what to do with myself lol

DD (3 1/2) is at nursery;
Mindee1(3 1/2) is at nursery;
DS (8) is at school;
Mindee2 (8) is at school
Mindee 3 (6) is at school

so have a free afternoon - oh my gosh!!

BUT....have a lady coming with her two children to (hopefully) sign contracts this afternoon for her 3 yr old and 18month old who I will have two to three afternoons a week starting in 2 weeks time :clapping: so am definitely going to enjoy my free time whilst it last lol

p.s. does anyone suggest some fun bi-lingual (french), books, games toys etc for new mindees

LittleAcorns
27-09-2010, 11:53 AM
that is so unfair!! Im jealous! :thumbsup:

appleblossom
27-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Today is the first day I have had some time for catching up.
From Easter until the end of June all my mindees were part time and I had school hours on Mondays free. Then on 1st July my 3 yo part time mindee (S.) went full time.

I had always done paperwork, etc. on Mondays so have got really behind with it as I just can't find the time during evenings and weekend.

For the last couple of weeks S. has been settling in at the pre school. Today he is able to go from 9am to 3pm on Mondays, so I drop him and collect him with my schoolies. So I've got some time back. (The rest of the week S. just does 9am to 11.30am, but I have a 17 month old and an 18 month old then anyhow). S. isn't coming on Mondays in school holidays so I get some time with my teenage DD then. :clapping:

mrs.h
27-09-2010, 01:34 PM
same here :)

i don't work mondays and my ds started full time nursery today, so i had 9-3.20 for ME. :clapping: and what did i do? coffee with a friend and then tried to catch up on paperwork.

soon off to pick my little monkey up though.

mrs.h

maisiemog
27-09-2010, 04:57 PM
It's heaven isn't it! I have Fridays to myself and I love them. My DD goes to nursery on a friday and I've deliberately decided not to work on friday cos of it!!!

Just a shame I spend all day cleaning, batch cooking or catching up on paperwork with no time to myself!!!

Kaz1997
27-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Your so lucky!!! I can not remember the last time I had a free day. Recently took on two little brothers for one day a week, and a little girl for 4 days which meant I would have fridays to myself - until the after schoolers came home - YAY.. a nice long week end for me however it was short lived:(
After having the first Friday off the boys mum rings me to say that work have offered her an extra day... "Is it Wednesday?" I ask "No its Friday".. boohoo!!!

Hayley102
27-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I had a short period when I had some time to myself - it was bliss! Now I work full time and have my 2 monsters as well. I only have 1 pre-school child on a Monday and am hoping no-one else will want monday so when he goes to pre-school I will have some time again.

P.s. Usborne books do a range of language books and Orchard toys do french lotto games etc.