PDA

View Full Version : Toy shed storage

sweets
27-09-2010, 11:19 AM
yipee i have finally got my new toy shed up and ready to fill! lol, took me and my dad about 5 hours to put up yesterday. good job the kids weren't around as the air was blue on numerous occasions :blush:

now its up, i dont know what the best storage solution would be, should i buy a set of shelves to go in it or try and fix some shelves up which would probably be better as it would keep the floor space free for the ride on toys. But are shed walls strong enough to put shelves on?

its only a small shed 6x4 and its not to store all the toys, just the ones that arent used everyday, thought i would rotate them every couple of weeks.

what does everyone else have in their sheds?

LOOPYLISA
27-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Spiders :laughing:

sweets
27-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Spiders :laughing:

i am going to put a sign up saying no wickies allowed :laughing:

Mouse
27-09-2010, 11:56 AM
In my small shed (I have 3!), I have plastic storage boxes of toys stacked up. The boxes are clear, so I can see what is in each one & get out what I want.
I wouldn't have thought the sides of a shed are strong enough to put shelves on, though a set of shelves would fit in OK. That's what I have in one of my big sheds - freestanding shelf units that are full of boxes and bags of toys.

RainbowBright
27-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Could you put some big hooks up and hang the garden toys from there? A friend of mine does this with all her buggies and push alongs. Its a great way if you're short on space!

pinklady
27-09-2010, 12:02 PM
In my small shed (I have 3!), I have plastic storage boxes of toys stacked up. The boxes are clear, so I can see what is in each one & get out what I want.
I wouldn't have thought the sides of a shed are strong enough to put shelves on, though a set of shelves would fit in OK. That's what I have in one of my big sheds - freestanding shelf units that are full of boxes and bags of toys.

That's what I do too.:thumbsup: