PDA

View Full Version : paid time off

mum2three
16-12-2007, 08:37 PM
hi,
can anyone tell me if they include paid time off in the contract if so how much time and how do you charge i.e normal rate or half fee?
Thanks
voni x

netty
16-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi

I include 4 weeks Holiday per year plus all bank holidays all paid at full hourly rate.

Nettyxxx:)

bubbly
16-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I do 4 weeks hol per year at half my hourly rate. Bank Hols are paid at my full hourly rate, except for Xmas Day and Boxing Day when I don't charge anything.

mum2three
17-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Ok thanks , I only work three days a week so.. any ideas?

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi

I don't charge anything for my holidays or if I am ill, but if parents take holidays or are off sick then it is full fees.

That is normal where I live.

Try and find out what other childminders do in your area.

Lorraine xx

mum2three
17-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi Lorraine , yes I think that is the norm around here and what I have been doing.
Just got to thinking since my problem with one family who booked days off with me and then changed there minds... they not happy to pay for childcare when not using me. If I want a day off then I have to book it and that means no pay,so now i am working days over christmas and new year that I had expected to be off.Sorry should'nt moan... it's monday morning!:)

angeldelight
17-12-2007, 10:40 AM
That is unfair if a parent has a day off on a contracted day - you should not have to work extra days to make your money up

I would moan too

You need to make it clear to these parents that they need to pay you and if no fees no childminding - see how they like it !!!

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
17-12-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm the same as Lorriane

Me anytime off not paid parents hols 1/2 fee (with 4 weeks notice) or ill full fee

errmm, thats all I can think lol

Emma

Trouble
17-12-2007, 08:40 PM
i do the same as rubybubbles, my parents wouldnt like it if i charged them for my holidays but i do know some who do:)

Tily Bud
17-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi

I charge full fee for mindees hols, contracted bank hols and sickness and no fees for my hols and sickness.

I have 4 weeks per year plus bank holidays these are all decided in jan then the parents get a list of my hols.

Sometimes the parents have the same hols as me in which case they end up not paying which does bug me ! but some do also have the oded week or day here and there also which they have to pay for x

This seems to br the norm in my area x

Cheryl x

Blaze
13-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi

I charge full fee for mindees hols, contracted bank hols and sickness and no fees for my hols and sickness.

I have 4 weeks per year plus bank holidays these are all decided in jan then the parents get a list of my hols.

Sometimes the parents have the same hols as me in which case they end up not paying which does bug me ! but some do also have the oded week or day here and there also which they have to pay for x

This seems to br the norm in my area x

Cheryl x

I do more or less the same...except if we are taking time off at the same time...it's half fee.
Tasha:)