PDA

View Full Version : Start up costs

RainbowBright
27-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi all

I am currently buying things ready for childminding. I am keeping receipts as required to put through in my first week. But what do I do about things I buy second hand, ie ebay and car boot sales? Obviously I would like to be able to prove these in my first inspection as this links to sustainability? I think!? (Still getting used to it all)

Could I just print a copy of my invoice from ebay? Do they have to be business sellers?

Thanks all

naomiesian
27-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Hi hun, print a copy of your invoice from e-bay and any things you buy from car boot sales if you cant get a receipt (I always take a bit of paper and ask them to do one) then write yourself a receipt, just put down that it was purchased at a carboot and the seller was unwilling to do a receipt! Also dont forget that any things you already had for your own children that you are planning to use for your childminding, you can sell these things to yourself, just write a receipt to yourself, things such as cots,stairgates,toys and anything else.
Hope that helps hun Naomie xx

RainbowBright
27-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi hun, print a copy of your invoice from e-bay and any things you buy from car boot sales if you cant get a receipt (I always take a bit of paper and ask them to do one) then write yourself a receipt, just put down that it was purchased at a carboot and the seller was unwilling to do a receipt! Also dont forget that any things you already had for your own children that you are planning to use for your childminding, you can sell these things to yourself, just write a receipt to yourself, things such as cots,stairgates,toys and anything else.
Hope that helps hun Naomie xx

Thank you for your advice Naomie! I didn't know you can sell things to yourself, never heard about that before! x

kirste
30-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I have been on a book keeping course today (not specifically for childminders) and I was told you can write yourself a petty cash slip for things like car boot purchases x :)

chani
10-10-2010, 10:58 AM
You can't sell/rent things to yourself, unless you are trading through a limited company. However, toys, etc previously bought can be put through the books

Chatterbox Childcare
10-10-2010, 01:14 PM
I always have a receipt book with me in the car just in case. Things I sell myself are written on a piece of paper and listed with a price and signed by me.

kerry2006
05-01-2011, 01:12 AM
You can't sell/rent things to yourself, unless you are trading through a limited company. However, toys, etc previously bought can be put through the books

not really sure what you mean by this? you mean the toys i already have that like games jigsaws that i have for my own children i can put through the books?? sorry it all seems odd as its something i wouldnt of thought of:)