PDA

View Full Version : Noticeboards / certificates

buzzy bee
26-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Do I need to frame my ofsted cert and public liability insurance cert, or just display them? Can i just put them on my noticeboard?

Also, what other info do you have on your noticeboards?

karensmart4
26-09-2010, 07:39 PM
My certs are laminated and blu tac'ed to the wall, they look good just like that :)

On my notice board I have; local info ie, Hairdresser, Plumber, Electrician (recommended people). I also have info on Meningitis Symptoms, Tax Credits, NHS Direct and info on choices of schools.

Beetlejuice
26-09-2010, 07:45 PM
I have mine in those cheapy clip frames on the wall in my hallway (reg cert, insurance cert, complaints poster, evacuation plan). I have other posters around the setting - EYFS, alphabet, times table etc. I use my noticeboard to display the children's work.

guest4
26-09-2010, 07:46 PM
My certificates are also laminated and on my fridge.
Other bits on my noticeboard include;
My termly newsletter
Ofsted parents poster
A few local groups
Long and Medium Term Planning

Tracey x:)

Pixie dust
26-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I have mine laminated too, I have a notice board which has a copy of my inspection report, local childrens centre newsletter, fireplan, daily routine, a copy of "what to do if your're worried a child is being abused-summary" and the ofsted parents poster and I am planning to put a sample menu .

hope that helps

buzzy bee
26-09-2010, 08:30 PM
thanks everyone :)

i think i'll laminate mine too.

tracey (and anyone else!) - what do you put in your newsletter?

just trying to get my head around all the paperwork etc!

Beetlejuice
26-09-2010, 08:56 PM
tracey (and anyone else!) - what do you put in your newsletter?

My newsletter has a summary of what we've been up to with photos, if we have new children join I make a point of mentioning them, same as if one leaves or has a new sibling etc. I also have a 'dates to note' column which is a short list of events over the month (including religious celebrations etc). I usually have a Training section too - letting them know what training I've done that month or where I'm at with long term courses. I still tend to have themes (though Ofsted are undecided if they like them or not :rolleyes: ) so I mention what we're going to be up to and if there are any resources I need the children to bring. I also put reminders in - e.g. if I have any holiday coming up or if parents are forgetting to do stuff they should be doing :p

My parents all really like it.

Tink
27-09-2010, 05:38 AM
Ha ha, I framed my certificate it took so long to come, I framed it so it wouldn't go anywhere:laughing:

nokidshere
27-09-2010, 06:59 AM
I dont have a noticeboard and I dont display my certificate(s)!

Who do you display them for?

jo f
27-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I think ts a requirement that the Ofsted certificate is displayed. I have my insurance certificate up too, look nice in cheap frames

Mollymop
27-09-2010, 09:02 AM
You don't have to frame your certificate but you have to display it as part of your registration requirements while you are working.
I have my certs that need displaying (such as first aid cert, insurance cert, parent poster, etc) in plastic folder thingies (don't know what they are called) and then I have stuck them in a dedicated place on one of the walls in my hallway.

nokidshere
27-09-2010, 10:32 AM
You don't have to frame your certificate but you have to display it as part of your registration requirements while you are working.

I got a good at my last inspection despite not having my certificate displayed.

I asked her who I was displaying it for and she couldn't give me an answer. Its not for the children since they can't read. Its not necessary for the parents since I give them a copy of the certificate and report in the welcome pack. Its not for "passing trade" as childminders tend not to get any.... so what is it for?

I have resigned myself to never getting an outstanding since I ask too many questions - not because I want to flout the rules or get on my high horse but because doing these things for no reason whatsoever is just silly and I refuse to do it.

And the fact that she still gave me a good simply shows that it isn't necessary!

CHEEKY BEE
27-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Mollymop is correct

It is a legal requirement of the EYFS that "providers must display their certificate of registration and show it to parents on request" page 40 of The EYFS Statutory Framework.

When u have ur next inspection u could be marked as "not met" for the EYFS if it isn't on display. My inspector asked to see it.

nokidshere
27-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Mollymop is correct

It is a legal requirement of the EYFS that "providers must display their certificate of registration and show it to parents on request" page 40 of The EYFS Statutory Framework.

When u have ur next inspection u could be marked as "not met" for the EYFS if it isn't on display. My inspector asked to see it.

I have been asked on each of my inspections to produce it and have done so immediately - and my last inspection was an EYFS inspection. Parents have access to it whenever they like - not that they need it since a copy of it is in the welcome pack - its not hidden, its just not on display.

buzzy bee
27-09-2010, 02:05 PM
thanks for the help everyone.

where did you get the ofsted parents poster? did they send it to you?

Beetlejuice
27-09-2010, 03:55 PM
thanks for the help everyone.

where did you get the ofsted parents poster? did they send it to you?

They did send it to me with my last certificate but it's downloadable from their website - think Pauline has a link somewhere on the forum here but not sure where :o