PDA

View Full Version : Childminder with fake paperwok

luiza.t
25-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Please read the post I have found in another website and give your thoughts...I have found this very interesting as I am having trouble with my lndlord also.

` I am going back to work and we have been interviewing millions of nannies, babysitters, paying visits to nursery and etc, than we found this childminder on a certain childcare website and just reading her profile we felt like choosing her. First time we payed her a visit we were sure she was the one for us and we have been meeting and visiting her constantly to settle our 2 month old and getting t know her and her child better and we have no doubts that she can provide the childcare that we want even though she became a childminde recently and our child will be her first mindee (she is a former nursery teacher and babysitter). But there is one little thing...She is renting and her landlord refused to give her permission to childmind in the flat. Her child is starting school now and she does not want another job as she wants to take care of him. She is desperate to move out but got no money for deposit and firts month rent upfront so she faked a pemission letter from her landlord and will childmind whitout his permission until she got enough money to move out. She was honest about this first time I called her to enquire. She is registered and I have checked everything, no other documentation is fake only the lanlords permission and she was honest with me on the first time I ever spoke to her on the phone as she didnt want us to waste our time so she explained that when she realize the landlod wouldnt give permission she was half way through the procedures and she decided to move out but she need the money first. Once she has the money she will move to a place whose the private landlady is sister in law of her best friend and will give notice to her tenants (who rent separate rooms and share the facilities)and let the place to her and let her childmind from there.
Well I wish she hadnt tell me anything because for me what really matters is that she is checked and registered, my husband, I and the baby get on really well with her and her child and she has got wonderful references from nurseries managers, and people she babysat before and we confirmed everything by phone.
Sure the other childminders out there that do the same because all tenancy agreements state that it is not allowed to run a business at the property so how the others childminder get away with it...I dont know...
Well it might be a really difficult situation because she cannot move out because havent got the money but she cant make the money because she dont have permission to work there.., and anyway even if she gets a job somewhere else, it means paying for childcare so even with WTC, it makes harder and longer to save money to move to other place...`

sorry if it seams confuse but I have just copied some bits from the whle discussion that is going on overthere:blush:

Mookins
25-09-2010, 09:40 PM
was getting a bit confused but i think i understand....the childminder doesnt have permission from her landlord but still minds....this would infact make all her insurances void.....

Sure the other childminders out there that do the same because all tenancy agreements state that it is not allowed to run a business at the property so how the others childminder get away with it...I dont know...

i rent....asdo many people and we have had permission...

dont really knowwhat else to say hun...have you had a reply from your landlord yet?

xxx

theplayroom
25-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Such a hard situation for anyone to be in, in this ecconomy we are all trying to do what we can to survive, Personally i would try not to be involved in any situation like that , maybe she could register as a nanny?? Horrid situation x

The Juggler
25-09-2010, 09:53 PM
i dont think it would void her public liability insurance only her house/contents insurance so she's the only one who would lose out.

It totally depends on the lease/tenancy agreement whether a business can be run from the premises I think.

Mookins
25-09-2010, 09:59 PM
i dont think it would void her public liability insurance only her house/contents insurance so she's the only one who would lose out.

It totally depends on the lease/tenancy agreement whether a business can be run from the premises I think.

is public liability insurance the MM or NCMA? i always get confused with all the different names for things:blush:

if it is then thats weird cos when i enquired at MM they asked whether i was renting etc and did i have written permission?
so presumed if i didnt then i wouldnt be covered for anything

xx

The Juggler
25-09-2010, 10:05 PM
is public liability insurance the MM or NCMA? i always get confused with all the different names for things:blush:

if it is then thats weird cos when i enquired at MM they asked whether i was renting etc and did i have written permission?
so presumed if i didnt then i wouldnt be covered for anything

xx

that's interesting then. I've never been asked that by NCMA. Perhaps they won't offer public liability if your house insurance is not valid????

glitzygal
25-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I do rent and I have permission, ofsted need to know, i told them and they inspected my house also, the bottom line is she has commited a fraud.
She would be expected to stop minding immediately, so that would leave you in the lurch with childcare.
If you are worried, why dont you ask ofsted, they are the ones who would help you understand if her insurance is void or valid.
i personaly would look else where for a childminder, if she lied about thet, she could lie about something else when your child is in her care.
be careful its your child still and you wouldnt leave her/him with a non registered childminder.
good luck

charlie potato
26-09-2010, 07:13 AM
I would say trying to register as a nanny is her best option. I wasnt asked about whether my home was mortgaged or rented but i should think if she is forging permission then it would make her public liability insurance void as she is illegally using the premises for minding. xx

rickysmiths
26-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I would say trying to register as a nanny is her best option. I wasnt asked about whether my home was mortgaged or rented but i should think if she is forging permission then it would make her public liability insurance void as she is illegally using the premises for minding. xx

Not only her insurance but she is breaking the terms of her Registration with Ofsted as they require you to have the written permission of your Landlord or for those owning their own Laeasehold property, the written permission of the Freeholder.

If you are breaking the terms of your Registrion with Ofsted, which this Childminder is, then no Public Liability Insurance would be valid.

They are also putting their Tennancy at risk, if the Landlord or their Agent finds out they are Minding when they have not had permission, then they are breaking the terms of their Tennancy and I would guess, risk eviction.

Sorry, but what a silly person. I would remove my child from them straight away. It doesn't matter how nice they are or how good a Minder, they are not registered or insured in the circumstances discribed and therefore any child in their care is at risk.

Helen79
26-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Not only her insurance but she is breaking the terms of her Registration with Ofsted as they require you to have the written permission of your Landlord or for those owning their own Laeasehold property, the written permission of the Freeholder.

I'm leasehold and haven't been asked to get permission from the freeholder by ofsted. Does this mean that I'm breaking the rules with ofsted and my insurance company?

Pipsqueak
26-09-2010, 02:42 PM
i think if this minder is prepared to lie and commit fraud then I would not be able to trust her further down the line.
I can perhaps understand her desparation to be a childminder but she has lied and cheated to all the people who matter - Ofsted, insurance and her landlord.
More fool the parent if she chooses to use her.

RainbowBright
26-09-2010, 02:47 PM
This is shocking! If she is prepared to lie and commit fraud how could anyone leave their child with them?! I certainly wouldn't trust her and she is giving childminders a bad name!

appleblossom
26-09-2010, 04:09 PM
luiza.t Are you luzt on Mumsnet? I ask because it is luzt who posted this thread: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childminders_nannies_au_pairs_etc/1048908-Childminder-with-fake-paperwork which I presume is the thread you are referring to here? My apologies for asking if you are not luzt;it is just a similar name perhaps?

Mookins
26-09-2010, 04:20 PM
has you heard back from your landlord LuizaT?
i hope your not considering becoming a cm without permission hun, its really not worth the hassle

keep us posted on your news

xx

Pipsqueak
26-09-2010, 05:42 PM
luiza.t Are you luzt on Mumsnet? I ask because it is luzt who posted this thread: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childminders_nannies_au_pairs_etc/1048908-Childminder-with-fake-paperwork which I presume is the thread you are referring to here? My apologies for asking if you are not luzt;it is just a similar name perhaps?

yes I saw that thread and replied - never made the name connections:blush:

If you are the OP over on MN - then please do not consider doing this hun.

Blackhorse
26-09-2010, 07:35 PM
sorry but to me the writing seems to be all from the same person...open post here and on netmums..........

should that be the case I guess you are wanting to know what other childminders think of this scenario.

I personally wouldn't risk this. You could end up loosing the place you live and although some parent's might be understanding and say it doesn't bother them I would not trust that. As soon as there is an issue over paying your fees or an accident happens then they will bring up that you don't have permission. They might put in a complaint to Ofsted or blackmail you with it. Sorry if that sounds negative but I think some people might just be like that.

I would register as a nanny, raise the funds required to move that way and then register properly from the new address.

If you are found out I would worry that it might jeopardize your future career in any child related profession.

rickysmiths
08-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm leasehold and haven't been asked to get permission from the freeholder by ofsted. Does this mean that I'm breaking the rules with ofsted and my insurance company?

Ofsted don't always ask but they sometimes do ask to see that you have written permission It is usual for your Lease to state that no business can be run from the property. In order for your insurances and your Registration to be valid you must have the written permission of the Freeholders, or if you own a share in the Freehold the Board of Directors of the Freehold Company.

xdirtydancerx
08-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I rent but got permission pre-reg :thumbsup:

Katiekoo
08-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Glad to see that you seem to have got this permission from your landlord now since you said you've had your pre-reg visit on your other thread :)

Mookins
08-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Glad to see that you seem to have got this permission from your landlord now since you said you've had your pre-reg visit on your other thread :)

oooh i just asked on her library spying thread, well done luizaT, hen does your course start

buildingblocks
08-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Just as an aside to the Op it is not only if you are in rented properties. The deeds of our house when we bought it stated that we could not run a business from it (opened a whole can of worms with our LA over this) but we had to notify our mortgage provider that we were going to childmind form the property and they could have denied us the mortgage if they wanted to - so be warned