PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry help please!

pinklady
25-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I've just had my 1st enquiry for before and after pre-school care. LO will be dropped off at 8am and go to pre-school 9-3pm and will be picked up at 6pm.
I've told mum that it's normal practice for childminders to charge for the time LO is at school. Is this what you all do?

It's my first enquiry in soooo long that I don't want to lose her.

p.s I posted this elsewhere on the board but only got a couple of replies and I really would love some more feedback.

aly
25-09-2010, 07:03 PM
not if they are over 5 and are in full time school.

if its only before and after school you do those hours.

to charge for them being in school is when they are only doing 5 sessions a weeks ie am or pm nursery.

beccas
25-09-2010, 07:03 PM
you could charge half for the hours lo at schoola nd full hourly for when you have lo.

i personal charge £5 for morningas nd £10 for after school i dont charge for while they at school but i also say that i cannot garantee cover while they are sick etc...
plus i have been minding 8 years and have quite a few like this so it pays for me.

pinklady
25-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks :) Sorry should have said this is for a 3 1/2 year old. Only one day a week.

mushpea
25-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I charge whilst they are at preschool because not only are they taking a the whole days space up as its unlikley you would be able to find a under 5 to fit in those hours but if they need the space in the hols then they need to payt to reserve it.
I also charge the full day even if the parent drops off because they will need me from start of nursery time in the hols eitther that or they dont bring the child till i would normaly pick up from nursery!

beccas
25-09-2010, 07:33 PM
if its for one day then charge your rate full whethern it daily or hourly..

jo f
25-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I would! And I would also state that I have the place now but if a full timer came available I may have to give you your notice. Good luck!

singlewiththree
26-09-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't charge, just because I enjoy the break! or fewer children during those hours.