PDA

View Full Version : I.D Theft Scam Alert!

Lottie
07-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I received this email from missmolly.co.uk today. I am not sure if it's been mentioned on the forum already but thought I would share it just incase:

Dear **********

We have received the following information...

I just wanted to alert you of a possible identity theft scammer who is targeting young girls registered on Nanny/babysitter sites. It is also possible that he's trying to get girls to go to an address.

He goes by the name of Micheal Peters and his email address is micpeters20@yahoo.co.uk.
He emails the girl (I have been one he has emailed) asking whether they would like to be a nanny for his two children. He then asks for your details such as your address and experience and your telephone number etc. He asks for your CV and a picture of yourself. He then asks you to set up an account with either HALIFAX or BANK OF SCOTLAND. This is when I became wary and searched his name on google. It appears he has tried to scam other people in this way as well as others. I found this out at http://forums.gumtree.com/viewtopic.php?p=2144966

I am unaware if you can do anything about this but thought you should be aware.

This is a copy of the warning email and I forward it all to you all.

Thank you for being a member of MissMolly

Minnie Minx
07-04-2008, 05:10 PM
oh no not another one, scumbags :angry: :angry: thanks for posting hun

xxx

miffy
07-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks will keep a look out

miffy xx

fionamal
07-04-2008, 05:24 PM
I got that email over the weekend as well.

Just deleted it and never thought any more about it as there are so many on the go just now.

Twinkles
07-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks for letting us know.

angeldelight
07-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for letting us know

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
07-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks for letting us know.

Its unbelievable how many of these type of things are circulating at the moment!

Lottie
07-04-2008, 10:34 PM
You are all welcome. It's good to get these into the open as much as possible. This one seems particularly 'bad' because of the young girls it seems to be aimed at. :mad: