PDA

View Full Version : Policies for CM group

venus89
25-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Partly for my EYPS (:blush: ) and partly to give the group a morale boost my child free time today is being spent drawing up various bits of paperwork for our CM group. One of which is a list of suggested policies for our group. I thought safeguarding (if anybody sees anything not right, talk tot eh CM responsible if poss or report to...... not sure who); confidentiality - what's said in group stays in group and respects the parents' right to privacy; equal opps

I was also going to say that we wouldn't accept unregistered 'childminders' and would report them to (who?) and that CMs would be given support to develop obs through activities provided. Oh and probably something about everyone helping out!

Are there any I missed out, anything vital? What about behaviour policy? And who would we report safeguarding issues and unreg people to? My brain is not in the work mood today!

sarah707
25-09-2010, 12:26 PM
You would report unregistered childminders to Ofsted I think and safeguarding issues to the Local Safeguarding Children Board and follow their advice.

Would you report things to the centre manager as well? I'm not sure.

Our new CC coordinator has come up with planning sheets for us to do once a month and we can then do some obs based on what children are doing in the group. This is a great way for some minders who struggle with time management to get at least one obs a week done and out of the way. It also allows those more experienced to come up with suggestions in a group environment so nobody feels left out or stuck for words. You could write something about that maybe.

Hth :D

venus89
25-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Thank you Sarah, that's a good idea. I plan to ask people to tell me what the children in their care are into, or what they'd like to do with them for next steps, so activities can be based around that. And some activities I thought I could provide a little form - what the activity is, why, what the children could get out of it, possible extentions they could do at home.... and a section for feedback :D

They were who I was thinking we'd report to but I wasn't sure if it would be different in a group? I'll ask the centre manager about reporting to her as well.

I've also put in 1st aid, health/hygiene/illness, and safety and risk assessments....

FussyElmo
25-09-2010, 03:18 PM
What about whistleblowing?

venus89
26-09-2010, 08:24 PM
What about whistleblowing?

Ooohh, yes - I'll include that in the complaints procedure.... thank you

jaja
26-09-2010, 08:55 PM
i wish our childminding group in caistor would do more wthin there sessions, they tend to let the kids play whilst they have a coffee adn chat to parents,id love to do activitys and maybe outings, and def share and swop ideas for obs and next steps and feel supported as one group, but then its not just soley childminders its local parents as well....

xxxx

Pipsqueak
27-09-2010, 11:33 AM
What about being professional:

how people conduct themselves
working with other professionals - other minders, CC staff, CDO's etc

Information sharing

Sharing of good practice, supporting each other etc

venus89
27-09-2010, 12:00 PM
i wish our childminding group in caistor would do more wthin there sessions, they tend to let the kids play whilst they have a coffee adn chat to parents,id love to do activitys and maybe outings, and def share and swop ideas for obs and next steps and feel supported as one group, but then its not just soley childminders its local parents as well....

xxxx

Well ours is basically like that at the moment and I'm not sure how the other CMs will react to me trying to change it but hopefully if I do most of the donkey work they'll go with it! I figure if we want to raise our professional image then making the group more professional is a good start.....