PDA

View Full Version : Help with buying a double buggy PLEASE

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
24-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Please, please, please can somone help me:)

I am going to be looking after a 14month old and a 24month old and would like to buy a double buggy.

Well i have looked on the internet for hours and still dont seem to be getting anywhere!! i would prefere a tandem one rather then side by side.

Ive looked on ebay and the ones in my area are either to much money or atleast 45 minute drive away. I feel like i have looked on every website going and they are either too much money or the rear seat is only for a child upto 6 months.

please can someone help me find a website that has a good value for money double buggy.

Thank you

singlewiththree
25-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Would you prefer a 4 or 3 wheeler. Have you tried netmums and facebook buy and sell as well?

blue bear
25-09-2010, 08:09 AM
In our area you can apply for a short term (as along as you need it) loan of equipment through the Development workers, have you tried asking in your area, you never know.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
25-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I dont mind if its 3 or 4 wheels, although my friend said that 3 wheels are easier to push.

Ive looked on netmums, but im not on face book!:blush:

The cheapest one i have found is on precious little ones for £69.95 but is a side by side one and i would prefere tandem,

Thanks for your feedback X

mamasheshe
25-09-2010, 09:13 AM
have you tried gumtree,pre-loved, I'm sure there's a multiple birth one two but i can't remember the name , oh and car boots? if your friends with any local cms they may lend you one? that's what i did:blush: then brought a out and about on ebay and had it couriered think it was £40.00 all together bargain

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
25-09-2010, 09:16 AM
have you tried gumtree,pre-loved, I'm sure there's a multiple birth one two but i can't remember the name , oh and car boots? if your friends with any local cms they may lend you one? that's what i did:blush: then brought a out and about on ebay and had it couriered think it was £40.00 all together bargain

Ive had alook at the carboots but people seemed to only be selling singles. i looked at the pre-loved website but couldnt figure out how to change the settings so it show the ones near my house lol.

me and the interenet have a love/hate relationship :laughing:

singlewiththree
25-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Our NCT sale is October, you could check if there is any locally to you soon

Ali56
25-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Maybe try freecycle.org? you join the one that is local to your area, I got a fab stroller which lays flat from a lovely lady who had to many buggies! It was almost new and hardly used, mamas and papas! I think I was very lucky. Worth an ask? :D

watgem
25-09-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm looking on a graco stadium duo on ebay new for £109 think its from babyonline:) :)

ladybug
25-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi ya, I researched double buggies thoroughly after I had a side by side and could not fit it thru the pre schools door!!! I ended up buying the Britax B dual which is similar to the phil & Teds one, its fab I love it but was 350 quid all in!! My sis has brought the Oh Baby one, which is a bit cheaper I think!

beckyteddy
26-09-2010, 07:25 PM
If you find one you like the look of on e-bay, it is always worth sending the seller a message to ask if they would consider posting the item to you, even if they have listed it as collection only.

I bought a Jane Powertwin tandem pushchair on e-bay a couple of weeks ago. I found one in good condition listed with a buy it now price of £130, it had no bids on it (possibly because no-one within collecting distance was interested at the time) so I messaged to ask if she would consider posting it and she replied to say she would be happy to and it would cost me £20. It arrived brilliantly packaged 4 days later and I'm really quite chuffed with my bargain!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
26-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi

Thanks for all your replies, this morning i won a Jane Powertwin tandem pushchair, with rain cover and cosy toes for £100.00 on e-bay :clapping: :clapping: It looks in fab condition :clapping:

Can't wait to go and collect it.

Hannah_T
26-09-2010, 08:49 PM
av you tried net mums?

sweets
26-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi

Thanks for all your replies, this morning i won a Jane Powertwin tandem pushchair, with rain cover and cosy toes for £100.00 on e-bay :clapping: :clapping: It looks in fab condition :clapping:

Can't wait to go and collect it.

wow thats a bargain, i paid just over £200 for mine off ebay but it did come with car seats too. its the best double ever :clapping: