PDA

View Full Version : starting out

anisha
24-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi to all on this forum, I have phoned up my local council about becoming a childminder and they have told me that I will have to do the skills test first. Has anyone done this? Also we do not have a pre reg session but after the skills test, depending on the results a development officer will come to my home and explain what I need to do next. Is this the same in all areas of the uk?
sorry all this is new to me :blush: so grateful for your comments

DAWN44
25-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi,
I live in havering and I had to do a test on the early years foundation stage before anything else was done. Luckily I passed this but it was quite hard. Once I passed, the council sent me the application pack to apply for registration.
I am now waiting for crb forms to come through and ofsted to arrange pre reg visit. Think it very much changes from area to area unfortunately.

Vickster
25-09-2010, 12:31 PM
It is different where we live you can register with ofsted after attending two sessions with the council, but must complete a 30 hour course within six months of registration, You must also have your early years first aid when you send off your registration to Ofsted