PDA

View Full Version : Mindees view on what parents do for a job

Pipsqueak
24-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Mindee and I were driving through town (well I was driving!! she was backseat driving) - when she said are we going to see mummy? Nope I said, P said - well she works over there (pointing). I said I know, but what does mummy do?
without missing a beat 'mummy drinks all day'

swallowing a gulp of laughter and trying not to cause an accident I then asked her what does daddy do again without missing a beat 'daddy paints'.

So I then asked, what do I do for work. She looked thoughtful, eyes raised, tick tick tick you could hear her thinking..... 'nothing' she pronounced. I said oh but don't I work? 'no you play all day'. So i said, what job do you do P? Looking at me very seriously and like I was off my trolley, 'I'm a kid, I cause mess and trouble'

And that is the view of a 3yr old.

So, from all that what jobs do you conclude mummy and daddy (and perhaps even me) do!!!

Mummy works in a pub
Daddy works in homebase
Me- I play!!!!

:laughing:

WibbleWobble
24-09-2010, 06:37 PM
when i was little i said to my mum

Mandy goes to school
Chrissy goes to school (my brother)
Daddy goes to school

Daddy did go to school...he was an art teacher but i thought he was a pupil like me! It took years for my parents to convince me he was a teacher....apparently i was disgusted!:laughing:

When i got a bit older i told folk my dad did drawing and colouring in cos he couldnt read or write!

mandy xxx

breezy
24-09-2010, 06:48 PM
When I was 11 we had to tell the school what jobs our parents did, I didnt know what my dad did except that he was in an office so I asked him what he did he told me he was a drag artist and not knowing what it was I told the whole class:eek:

My uncle was in the police and my cousin was embarassed so he used to tell people his dad was a civil servant.

I have a 4 year old mindee whose mum just goes to really boring meetings all day and drinks tea!!!!!!!! ( mum says its not far from the truth)

LisaMcNally09
24-09-2010, 07:01 PM
My mindee doesnt know what his mum does but knows she needs to go there to earn "spondoolies":D

nannymcflea
24-09-2010, 07:07 PM
When I was nannying for 2 kids the eldest girl, about 8 had to do homework, a picture of her family and their favourite thing next to them.

She drew a pic of mum with a bottle of vodka.:laughing:

christine e
24-09-2010, 07:25 PM
One Xmas i did some cover for another childminder cos she didnlt want to work over Xmas, her mindee was heard telling the other children that when Alison (other childminder) goes to work I go to Christine's! So according to little one Alison only worked a few days a year!

Cx

hayleychildcare
24-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Mindee (aged 4) told me yestarerday that dad worked at the dole and he was always really busy. Mammy is a hairdresser and Hayley (me) doesnt work cause i already have loads of money. (i wish)

Dad goes to sign on and he never seems him, mum is actually a hairdresser and he is right i dont really work i play in the park, build castle with boxes and colour in pictures.

yay I LOVE MY JOB :jump for joy:

francinejayne
24-09-2010, 08:10 PM
My own 2 year old often tells me 'ladies don't work, daddies do!'

I point out that I work looking after children and ladies do work cos J's mummy goes to work and A's mummy goes to work too, but he's adamant that ladies don't work at all!!!

PS - he also thinks ladies don't have tools, only daddies do, and ladies can't fix things!

me thinks I have a little chauvenist on my hands!!!

beckyteddy
24-09-2010, 08:20 PM
My friend is a nurse and so is her husband and their little boy (4yrs) just will not accept that Daddy is a nurse! He say's Mummy is a nurse and Daddy works at the hospital but he is absolutely and totally not a nurse!

Lady Haha
24-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Loving all these replies!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Especially the ones with mindees completely oblivious to the fact that we are actually working looking after them!!!

I was talking to my mindees once over dinner about what jobs their mums and dads had and at the end one said 'Janis, why haven't you got a job?':laughing:

They must really think we look after them for the pure fun of it (which is actually half true!)

suchagoodgirl
24-09-2010, 09:15 PM
according to my mindees, my job is "paperwork". Oddly enough I don't think they are far from the truth with that!

Trouble
24-09-2010, 09:33 PM
thats cute xxxxx:D

Pipsqueak
24-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Brilliant replies - luvvin it

jellybean cc
25-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I was once informed when nannying and aged 30ish..... that it would be such a shame when i grow up and had to get a job as i would be to busy to come to play.....But not to worry i could come on Saturday and Sunday as they are not work days and just think as it would be the weekend i could sleep over if my husband said it was ok.

shelly2012
25-09-2010, 06:47 AM
It great how their little minds work :jump for joy:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
25-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Something abit similar

I work alongside my mum, about 3 years ago we had a parent signing contracts with her baby. He started to get leaflets out of her bad titles, chlamydia, gonorreah etc....
So mum explained that she was a sexual health nurse at our local hospital

at which point my OWN MOTHER pipes up "T has had been there lots havent you"! The look on my face must have been so horrified my mum then tried to justify her outburst by explaining to the poor parent about my "problems down-below"

blue bear
27-09-2010, 07:11 AM
I had a child whose daddy "made sandcastles and looked for camels" at work - he was in IRAQ!!!