PDA

View Full Version : Please have a look on the letter for my landlord

luiza.t
23-09-2010, 10:15 PM
I need to ask his permission to become a childminder, can you please give me your thoughts on my letter and help me with more insights..I mean make it more appealing.

Dear ****

My husband and I are your tenants at the address above for nearly two years now.
Recently I enquired the Rental & Sales agency about the possibility of Childminding in the flat and was told that operating a business is against the tenancy agreement.
I am writing to ask again for your permission and would like to just point out that Childminding is not running a business from home but working from home. Childminding is not classed as business but self employment. And as a Childminder I will have my own Public Liability Insurance and the place will be regularly inspected by Ofsted with stringent checks on the safety and standard of decoration, cleanliness of the property
There will be no need to do any alterations on the property a part from childproof lockers in the kitchen cupboards which I already have anyway for the safety of my own daughter. Childminding as an example of working from home where planning permission for change of use will not normally be required.
I am intending to look after only one baby at a time, so it would be like having a second child myself anyway.
And as self employed I will be able to claim tax break to deal with wear and tear. I can also guarantee that when is time to move out, the property will be left in perfect condition as my father in law is a professional painter and decorator.
Would you please consider my request? All that is needed is a letter with your permission.
Kind Regards

ME:o

Kaz1997
23-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Sounds fine to me:)

cuddlybunny38
24-09-2010, 07:25 AM
They also like to see a copy of your registartion certificate when you have it.They also like to know sometimes if your neighbours are happy with it as this will mean that there shouldnt be any complaints. When I did mine I just explained why I wanted to do it and sent certificate, they then sent letter back which ofsted liked to see. I am in a council property