PDA

View Full Version : If looks could kill...

phoebe-alice
23-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Warning this is a rant hehe, I've had a long long day and I'm glad to have some peace. :angry:
I was mean to finish at 7:30 tonight but now a usual occurrence came about the dreaded text from the wee ones dad 'I've been kept back from work can you keep them till 8:30' and I know its only an hour but by that time in the day I just want some space and some time for myself and my partner. But of course I agreed as I couldn't do much else...
So I kept them the extra hour and when it came time to take them home the little 3 year old wanted to put her own toys in her bag today so I trusted that she would pack her soothers as she told me she had and I didn't spot them on my quick check over the room. So I presumed they were in her bag as she said.
So trekked out in the pouring rain when their parents were just sat at home, and when I got half way down the path the older one started crying just as she spotted her dad, which makes me look bad as I can't explain why shes crying.
But then to top it all off the dad checked the bag to see if her sucky toy and soother were in her rucksack as he can't calm either of them and they weren't in there or the other three bags they came with!
So I apologized and said that the wee one put her own stuff in her bag and he looked at me with disgust, if looks could kill I'd be dead. I asked if there were not any spares and he angrily said no they were lost. So said sorry before he briskly rushed the kids in and shut the door.
I can't believe the way he treated me the amount of trekking about I do for them and go easy on them. On the way home in the car I was just thinking if this happens just about a silly teddy that she sucks the legs of then I don't even know if I want to work for them.
You'd think he'd realize everyone makes mistakes, I'll be putting the darn sucky toys in the bag next time. :ohdear:
I hate days like these, lets hope tomorrow is better, sorry for the massive rant just had to channel it somewhere and you guys are always great for cheering up Phoebe x x

Lou
23-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Let me just get this straight........................

These people not only expect you to care for their little darlings until 8.30pm??? But then they expect you to take them home aswell??? and then treat you like that????

Time to have a chat about respect i reckon, either that or telling them to jog on!!!

Hugs, have a nice glass of wine xxx

Gizmo
23-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh dear they are putting you through the wringer, hope you are ok, and also hope you are charging for all the extra hours you are doing at double time

Hope you are sitting reading this with a wee glass in your hand

Mookins
23-09-2010, 08:44 PM
time to start laying down the rules of YOUR business...

late collection charges !!
collect your own children!!
KEEP YOUR EVEIL EYE TO YOURSELF!

how bloomin rude!

big hgs hun
xxx

claire'scherubs
23-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Let me just get this straight........................

These people not only expect you to care for their little darlings until 8.30pm??? But then they expect you to take them home aswell??? and then treat you like that????

Time to have a chat about respect i reckon, either that or telling them to jog on!!!

Hugs, have a nice glass of wine xxx

Totally agree, there's is no way I would let them treat me like that, I hope its worth your while working until that time of day. Big Hugs

beckyteddy
23-09-2010, 08:47 PM

how bloomin rude!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

bexcee
23-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I hope you are well paid that's all I can say!

I think you need to give them a reality check - you aren't a nanny at their beck and call. You need to set down some ground rules and let them know that you aren't going to be treated like this.

Do you charge for taking them home/the overtime? You should do.

The Juggler
23-09-2010, 08:50 PM
oh hon, that's appalling. I'm sure he just didn't think after the day at work and the kids being upset. I'm sure (I hope) he will apologise. BUT I would tell him in no uncertain terms 7.30pm is your limit totally and that if he is going to be late again he'll need to find a friend/family member to collect the childre:angry:

onceinabluemoon
23-09-2010, 08:52 PM

how bloomin rude!

big hgs hun
xxx

exactly! if they'd collected they could have checked the blooming soothers were there

Pipsqueak
23-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I hope you are charging them unarranged fees overtime ie that extra hour
I would also be telling them next time it happens no I cannot have your children an extra hour i would like you here within 15minutes (for which I am applying late charges) also explain to them do not assume that you can work - please RING (no texts) to ASK.
I hope you are charging extra for taking them home

you are not the hired help, nor are you a skivvy.

as for the dirty look - well return it straight away with a few choice words.

time to kick these parents into touch quickly before the relationship sours.

glitzygal
23-09-2010, 09:23 PM
oh my godness, you need to prepare yourself with a few excusess,
and say no a few times, then they really would know how you have been helping them out, if i was a parent then i would want you to be my childminder, i would treat you like gold,, and buy you treats.
keep up the good work, but change your ways, your a diamond they just dont realise.
:clapping:

angeldelight
23-09-2010, 09:55 PM
oh my godness, you need to prepare yourself with a few excusess,
and say no a few times, then they really would know how you have been helping them out, if i was a parent then i would want you to be my childminder, i would treat you like gold,, and buy you treats.
keep up the good work, but change your ways, your a diamond they just dont realise.
:clapping:

I agree

You need to get tough they are lucky to have you

Angel xx

phoebe-alice
23-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for all your replies they are much appreciated, they make a grumpy lady much happier. :blush:
I won't be accepting it again I can say that much, any more and I will be giving my notice to them as I've had more problems than just the ones mentioned tonight. Why is it always me that gets the difficult parents? :panic: Lovely kids though haven't had any bad yet!
But thanks everybody for cheering me up trust me I'm relaxing with my wine, dreading tomorrow though but lets hope for a nice day, hope your all having a lovely evening take care Phoebe x x

Louise B
23-09-2010, 10:21 PM
OMG what a nerve!! And to not have any back-up soothers is madness, it's their problem, what if you lost one while you were out?!

I can't believe they think it's ok to leave a 3 year old out until that time either! Even my 9 year old is usually asleep by then! lol, evil mummy!!! :rolleyes:

xxx

~Chelle~
24-09-2010, 06:52 AM
They are being totally out of order, they are encroaching on your personal time and treating your badly too. What if you would have had somewhere else to be at that time??

Can't believe they cannot collect their own children either.

I agree with other comments too, the 3 year old should not be kept out that late, they need to prioritise their children before their job.

Why do people like this even have kids???

caz3007
24-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Goodness me I wouldnt be working until 7.30 let alone 8.30 and certainly wouldnt be taking them home at that time of night, especially with the winter coming. :eek:

Hugs and make sure you have a chat about him taking the mickey out of you.