PDA

View Full Version : Inspection cancelled

louise
23-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi. I'm due tomorrow and was just about to start the manic tidy up of house only to see Mrs O had left me a message saying she needs to cancel. I need to wait until 2 nd week of Oct. I don't want to wait any longer can't believe i said that but my head was ready now i will spend that time going over everything again ect. Lou

Leanne59
23-09-2010, 06:44 PM
mrs o did that to me a few weeks ago, said something needed her attention... havent heard any since, so I know how you feel. One plus is that I got my sef finshed! fingers crossed it wont be long my nerous cant take any more!!!

breezy
23-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Mine happened like that, I was all ready and psyched up, it felt like such a let down I didnt know what to do with myself! Silly really!

karensmart4
23-09-2010, 06:51 PM
I had my inspection today, this was the first date on the list of possibles that she gave me, and she arrived at 9am!!!!!!

I have been away on a hen weekend (Fri -Mon) and would have loved another day or 2 to prepare, but hey ho when are we ever ready :rolleyes:

I got a 'good' but she said she had marked me down because she said she could smell nappies when she came in, I told her I had just that second finished changing 2 poo'y nappies, she just said I need to ventalate more....the patio doors were open :eek:

She also said that she was disapointed that the home corner wasn't set up ready for the children...fair point and it normally is but I was busy changing nappies :eek:

She was a bit of a nit picker but she was friendly with it, she said my paperwork was spot on, my RA's were very good, I have a good range of resources and the children were very settled and happy, even the 2 newbies :thumbsup:

I work with a co-cm and we thought we would be inspected at the same time.....but no! They have stopped doing joint inspections and are going to come out again :rolleyes:

Good luck when you have yours and I hope your inspector is friendly :D

louise
23-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Ive spent all week rushing my sef and stressing over it. I think ill redo it so she can understand it now. I found out today she inspected someone this week and was there for 5 hours :eek: she pulled them up on not having ra's for outings which i have so fingers crossed.
Karen- thats bad about the pooey nappies sorry if they have just been changed they still smell for a bit no matter where u are. Well done on the good though

angeldelight
23-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Glad you have a bit more time now Louise

Well done Karen on getting good today :clapping:

Angel xx

miffy
24-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Ive spent all week rushing my sef and stressing over it. I think ill redo it so she can understand it now. I found out today she inspected someone this week and was there for 5 hours :eek: she pulled them up on not having ra's for outings which i have so fingers crossed.
Karen- thats bad about the pooey nappies sorry if they have just been changed they still smell for a bit no matter where u are. Well done on the good though

OM Goodness! 5 hours :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope your SEF saves you from that!

Miffy xx

suchagoodgirl
24-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Mine was postponed... Twice. The first time mrs O's husband had suspected swine flu. Was almost 3 months later when finally had my inspection.

Another Childminder I know took her call and told the inspector that it was inconvenient to talk right then. That was 6 months ago and they've never phoned back!

louise
24-09-2010, 09:11 PM
A car pulled up outside just gone 9.30 me and mindee hid in the kitchen just incase!!! Its been rebooked for the 8th. im going to really work on my sef as she asked if i had to go out or that. Thing is we have lunch 11.45 mindee has to go down at 12.30 as she will sleep for 2 hours so needs to go down ready for school run later so she can only observe me for 3 hours.

miffy
24-09-2010, 09:25 PM
I thought doing the SEF was supposed to make the inspection shorter as the inspector shouldn't need to ask you so many questions.

I would lose the will to live if they wanted to stay with me for 5 hours!

Miffy xx

mummyof3
24-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I must be the only one who's inspection only lasted 1.5hrs! She told me day and time she was coming and arrived as we came home from school and left when the last child left at 5.30 :clapping:
Oh and I hadn't complete my SEF either so I had more questions to answer. I really hope she will inspect me when its due again she was lovely :D

On the plus side at least you have got your paperwork and house ready for inspection the trick now is to keep it like that :laughing: :thumbsup:

loocyloo
25-09-2010, 10:17 AM
i had to cancel my inspection as DS threw up in the school playground when we arrived at school!

i spoke to all the parents whilst walking home and arranged for children to be collected as soon as they could ....

really hoping that the inspector would be there and see how well i was dealing with it ! she wasn't, so i rang ofsted and they rang her. she rang me and must have been in the layby about 1 minute from my house ! we arranged for her to come the following week and she accidently told me the only day she would be able to come!!! LOL!

louise
25-09-2010, 03:50 PM
My friend can beat 1.5 hours mummyof3 hers was 45 mins!!!! i'd love that. It just sums up my last 2 weeks. I had Ofsted phone and cancel. New mindee start and finish as we found out he was my friends ex hubbie and he wasnt happy with it.