PDA

View Full Version : On the Road!

mwheeler
23-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi All,

Im an upcoming childminder and been male im finding it a little struggle been the only male in the courses im attending, but im getting through with alot of mums talking about babies etc and have now completed first aid and child protection, Im now just waiting on my pre registration course starting in november then hopefully by january i'll have finished, pending the visit with ofsted.

It seems a long process but im actually enjoying it, any other males around the same stage as me out there? :)

Joannechildmind
23-09-2010, 02:37 PM
There are a few male cm here already registered. GOOD LUCK with it all and keep us posted.

Mookins
23-09-2010, 02:54 PM
hi:waving:

sounds like youre well on the way to becoming a fab childminder
lots of chaps on here, they will soon make themselves kjnown

welcome to the forum

xx

tulip0803
23-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Hello and welcome:)

As said there are some male childminders here and I am sure they will be along when they finish work.:thumbsup:

mwheeler
23-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Glad to hear, have heard before about there been male childminders on here a really rare breed in my area, in fact. I cant find any - lol.

sarah707
23-09-2010, 05:25 PM
It sounds like you are nearly ready to start working now! :clapping:

littlemiracles
24-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Hiya,

Im a fellow male, soon to be childminder! Its great to know that there are more men registering :thumbsup:

I started my registration in Feb of this year and am just waiting on my crb (OFSTED chasing as been at stage 4 for over 60 days) and then my registration certificate can be issued. :clapping:

I found it a bit nerve racking on pre-reg being the only male but soon got to know a few of the women and we now keep in contact and encourage each other, share tips etc.

All the best and i look forward to hearing how you progress :D

mrmitchell78
26-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi,

I'm a male registered childminder and am having a meeting with my first prospective client tomorrow - good to hear of another bloke on the forum!

mwheeler
10-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi,

Just thought i'd gibe a little update and on the terms of been nerve racking, yea i know how you feel! There was a couple of guys when i did the first aid but they were just doing that as required to help out there partners, ive now complted my level 2 food safety so now ive just got to wait until november 16th for the pre reg courses to start.