PDA

View Full Version : Registered childminder working in someone else's house

clorogue
23-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Have any of you worked as a registered childminder in someone else's house, what procedure do you have to go through?

Many thanks

youarewhatyoueat
23-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Do you mean as a nanny or as a childminders assistant.
I work as a nanny and to do that I just took out extra insurance as a nanny and i spoke to ofsted and they said it was fine as i'm on both registers anyway but as soon as I do more nannying than childminding I was to inform them so they could inspect me as a nanny.
I can then take children home after being with me during the day, put them to bed and stay over if necessary.
If you mean as an assistant, someone else will have to answer that.
If you mean as a childminder in someone elses house, you can't as thats a nanny.

beccas
23-09-2010, 07:11 PM
if you mean working with another minder then its all the same but at there house othwise not sure...

karensmart4
23-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Do you mean as a nanny or as a childminders assistant.
I work as a nanny and to do that I just took out extra insurance as a nanny and i spoke to ofsted and they said it was fine as i'm on both registers anyway but as soon as I do more nannying than childminding I was to inform them so they could inspect me as a nanny.
I can then take children home after being with me during the day, put them to bed and stay over if necessary.
If you mean as an assistant, someone else will have to answer that.
If you mean as a childminder in someone elses house, you can't as thats a nanny.

You can be registered as a 'home childminder' and offer your services in private homes. I'm sure if you google it will come up somewhere :)

If you mean working as a reg cm alongside another reg cm in their home, you contact ofsted and they will talk it all through with you. :thumbsup: