PDA

View Full Version : Fees Help

VINASOL
23-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Mindee never eats lunch provided by mum, so mum has asked me to do lunch for her. Since minding her, she will not eat anything cold so today I did some chicken and rice and she is currently eating it all (eats well when I cook dinenr for her too).

Have a feeling mum will now ask me to provide hot meal every day for mindee at lunchtime. Also have mindee and her brother for tea every six weeks. have decided to charge £2 per meal per child; is this reasonable?

I'm thinking that £2 for a hot meal at lunch per day is OK - what do you think?

Straws
23-09-2010, 11:37 AM
£2 sounds reasonable, I cant see her complaining about that price after all school dinners are that much

Straws xx

kerrypriest
23-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I have two little boys (brothers) two days a week and they are both really really big eaters (dont know where they put it bless them) but i was getting way out of pocket with them (they are the only two children i have) so what i do now is buy there food on a seperate receipt and just put the receipt through my books

Mykidsrock
23-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I charge some parents for meals on occasion as these are not all the time, and the others I cook for on a regular basis I charge a higher fee. (Itms).

Anyway, I charge on the occasion as follows:

Snack - no charge
Breakfast - 50p a day
Lunch - £1.00 a day if a cold lunch, £1.50 if a hot lunch
Dinner - £2.00 a day

As you stated, the costs add up and I'm not in the business to be out of pocket. Also, as it is not a frequent occasion I find it acceptable to charge this as usually I do not have the additional 'bulk' food in for them and have to buy it fresh that day. If it happens on a frequent occasion I assess what the parent wants and increase fee's accordingly. Such as £2.00 a day as I am able to plan my shopping accordingly and therefore buy in 'bulk'.

That does mean a child could be charged £4.00 a day for meals, but I don't think that that is too bad considering it includes 2 hot meals. Usually my hot meals are also along the lines of a roast, fish mash and veg and not just cheaper meal such as pasta.