PDA

View Full Version : Strange Post

bexcee
23-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Just had a strange delivery from the post man - a tree from velvet toilet rolls, a babybel space hooper and a bananagrams from Bright Minds. All addressed to me but not things that I have ordered. Wondering if I have won them or somthing???

Any ideas???!!!

singingcactus
23-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Maybe one of your parents ordered them for you as a surprise. The babybel space hopper is cool :)

~Chelle~
23-09-2010, 10:02 AM
There were a few posts on here about entering for them.

Maybe you entered and forgot??

I entered for the tree and space hopper but no sign yet x

miffy
23-09-2010, 10:05 AM
A nice surprise anyway! :)

Miffy xx

angeldelight
23-09-2010, 10:06 AM
:laughing: :laughing:

I do that wait ages for something then forget all about it

Nice surprise hope they are useful to you

Angel xx

bexcee
23-09-2010, 10:13 AM
I have been searching for clues!

We do buy babybels and I know there was an offer on the pack for a space hopper so maybe dh or dd has ordered that.

The bananagrams has been sent from Bright Minds - I do product testing so maybe it is related to that but normally they tell me advance what I will be testing and when to expect it. I have written a few letters in childminding magazines lately so am wondering if it is connected to one of them.

The tree I have no idea.

Oh well better than getting all bills I guess!

PixiePetal
23-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I once had a delivery of Crayola goods. 4 big boxed activity sets - sleepover kit and all sorts. Never did find out where it came from 'with compliments' . DD entered comps in her magazine so may have been that but couldn't find one with those prizes.

I gave the sleepover kit to a mindee for her 8th birthday - looked really generous :blush: Gave DD the £5 I would have spent - she was too old for the kit anyway.

mama2three
23-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Lucky you!

Whats a bananagram?:laughing:

cherry
23-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I got the tree this week, it was a promotion that happened I think earlier this year and someone put it on this forum.

As for the others, not a clue :huh:

Millenium
23-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes the tree was a promotion quite a bit earlier this year. I actually had an email from Velvet last week telling me my tree should be here soon - got to decide where to plant it yet!!!

Mouse
23-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I got my tree today. Someone posted on here about it ages ago.

Mookins
23-09-2010, 12:01 PM
got my tree yesterday, have been keeping an eye out for it as they emailed me a week or so back to say it would be here soon

hes now soaking in water as they travel woid of been very stressful and thirsty work

xx

doodles
23-09-2010, 12:10 PM
I got my tree yesterday too, looks a bit dead to me though!! Think its been in the tube a bit too long.

Mouse
23-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I got my tree yesterday too, looks a bit dead to me though!! Think its been in the tube a bit too long.

lol! When mine arrived I didn't know what it was. I opened the top of the tube & wondered why someone was sending me dead leaves :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
23-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Same here!!! My lot said I had been done it wasn't a tree it was a twig :laughing:

bexcee
24-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Just to update...

Just had a letter from the NCMA Who Minds magazine to say that my top tip on best books has been chosen to be published in the magazine and I have won a Bananagram game from Bright Minds so that solves that mystery!! :clapping:

This is what it is:
http://www.brightminds.co.uk/reading-and-writing/spelling/bananagrams.htm

I recommended The Gruffalo book as I love it as much as the children!

Carol M
24-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Friend got her tree yesterday. As she opened it she thought she had been sent a dead rat! Nice! but it was the dead tree. Hope it comes back to life .
Still waiting for mine:(
Carol xx

skytvaddict
24-09-2010, 02:20 PM
I have a tube waiting for me at the post office (since yesterday). Can't get to fetch it until tomorrow. Hope it will be ok.