PDA

View Full Version : fee reciepts

jo f
23-09-2010, 05:44 AM
I am absolutely useless at giving parents reciepts of payments:blush:
I have a chart which breaks down the weekly fees owed. Do u think it would be ok if I just put recieved with thanks and date it on each week? Some of my parents are students and do need to keep a record of fees.
Just want to make life easier!

kindredspirits
23-09-2010, 07:52 AM
if you use NCMA contracts then its part of the 3rd page that you must give a reciept for all payments received! I really would try and get into the habit - it will protect you in the future as well as them. :thumbsup:

jo f
23-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks I do use NCMA in effect they would be recieving a copy saying I have recieved ££££ and when I recieved it, I will make a copy for my records its just not using a formal reciept book

miffy
23-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Most of my parents pay by voucher now so the money goes straight into my bank account - means I don't have to do receipts!

Miffy xx

clio0602
23-09-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm rubbish at giving receipts too :blush:

I have a comments section in Daily diary and have started to write it there not the best idea I suppose but its there x

Pixie dust
23-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Hello this is my first post,
I just wanted to say that one of my parents has just had to send all her receipts to childcare tax credits as they were reviewing her claim and they wanted proof of what she had actually paid last year.

Mykidsrock
23-09-2010, 01:30 PM
A simple receipt book which duplicates will do, just mark date, period of childminding, your ey number, who paid, how much and how ie vouchers, cash, cheque. Like Pixiedust said Tax Credits are cracking down on people paying for childcare and are asking for proof. Much better mum gives it then you having to have the added hassle of providing it to them.

Alteratively, NCMA also do a really good receipt book.

Agree totally though that you should be doing this just to cover your own back if nothing else and keep your records complete.

NB: I still also mark on my copy of the invoice how it was paid and when. x

pinkbutterfly
23-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Do we really need receipts if we're not paid in cash? One of my parents pays with vouchers so she knows exactly what comes out and when. Also the amount is exactly the same every week so it's a no brainer. The other parent pays through BACs and again it all comes out on her statement. Even on mine it comes out as 'her name CHILDMINDER'. Is that not a proof enough?

Mykidsrock
24-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Yeah as Tax Credits ask to see receipts and invoices for childcare when they decide to do their checks x

Millenium
24-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Payments to me are a mixture of cash, cheque, BACS and vouchers but I must confess that I have never issued receipts (and I don't recall ever having been asked to!!).

I have a separate bank account for all childminding activity so all the payment details are always available. I am not sure what benefit to me there would be from issuing a receipt.

All my parents are presented with an itemised invoice a few days before month end so if they need anything "in writing" as to how much they are paying, they have the invoice.

miffy
24-09-2010, 07:33 AM
I am not sure what benefit to me there would be from issuing a receipt.

I suppose if a parent claimed they had paid you when they hadn't and you had a receipt book with payment details in you could show that there was nothing in their name iyswim.

Not absolute proof but enough to show doubt if you needed to go to court

Miffy xx

catswhiskers
24-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I give a receipt to all my parents every week without fail. I use the NCMA receipt book.

Some pay by vouchers straight into my account but I still give receipts.

I also use the receipts to go back on when I do my accounts as this helps tally everything up.

I couldn't do without them and one parent always asks if sometimes I forget.