PDA

View Full Version : Help with signing contracts

catmax0779
22-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone,
I've just recieved a phone call from a family that came last week, they would like to come to tomorrow to sign the contracts then start next week.
I'm suddenly really nervous :panic: as this is the first family to start so I have not signed contracts or anything before. I have contracts, child records ect from NCMA but would just like any advice on the process of contract signing. I no it proberly sounds so silly but not sure what to do/ expect and am starting to worry I will do/say something silly and look really unprofessional (like I do now LOL)

I have the contract, child record, medical form, all about me sheet, permissions and polices. Is there anything else I will need that I've forgot?

Thank you

Pipsqueak
22-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I would read through the contracts first - front and back pages so you are familiar with them first (nice bedtime reading lol).

Tomorrw, go through the contract page by page with the parent - you fill in your bit and then they fill their bits in (name address etc)

The rest of it - you fill and and explain as you go

make sure you are both clear on days and hours
fees for time of, sickness, bank holidays, retainers etc etc. you don;t say how the child is but if its for a schoolie what hrs are required in holidays or is it term time only - what retainer are you going to charge

what fees for unarranged overtime, weekends, unsocial hrs
additional fees - trips out, meals, late payment charge

are you taking a deposit or retainer, is this non refundable/deductable from fees (start of contract or end?)

all parties sign each page.

good luck, you wil be fine.

curlycathy
22-09-2010, 09:43 PM
You will be fine! Just relax - this family have chosen YOU!:clapping:

Sounds like you have got everything - don't forget the pen (and spare!) to fill it all in:laughing:

Take some time beforehand to read through your paperwork.

Good luck!xx

catmax0779
23-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Thank you everyone,
They came this morning and it went really well, I took your advice and read through everything last night and again this morning just to make sure LOL. We filled everything in together and then I got them to read through it again before they signed it. I can't wait to start working now :jump for joy:

curlycathy
23-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Well done you:clapping:

Good luck for starting!xx

Kaz1997
23-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Well done and good luck... :clapping:

catmax0779
24-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Thank you, I'm still feeling pretty pleased with myself LOL :jump for joy: