PDA

View Full Version : The right balance in the relationship

em29
22-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Hiya, I have 2 lo's to mind full time, a 17mth old girl and i just started with a 23 month old boy. Anyway, I was wondering what people's thoughts are on how the children react at pick up on drop off and if anyone has faced any awkward situations!
Basically, the little girl has just started to cling to me when mum comes to collect and struggles to get away from her mum at drop off and pick up. I find it very flattering but embarrassing as mum does not look at all happy about it and just says things like "oh - it's like that now is it!!" etc. :o
And the little boy who I just started with has been more clingy to his mum and goes mental with excitement when she comes for him and I find myself saying "oh he is so excited to see you but he has been happy here I promise!" - but then today mum came to collect and he kept running back into my house to play whilst mum waited on the doorstep and i felt awkward again :rolleyes:

I want kids to be keen to come in but equally keen to go to mum - the balance needs to be right because right now I am nervous at drop off and more so collections!! How does everyone else handle it?

Trouble
22-09-2010, 06:43 PM
i think sometimes its easier to change conversation and just smile sweetly:D

we know how fab we are it just takes some parents a little longer to catch on:D

sarah707
22-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I have some who run in, some who walk in slowly waving over their shoulders and some who cry and cling to their parents.

I have some who rush out of the door as soon as parents arrive, some who want to carry on with what they are doing and some who hide.

Enjoy their uniqueness :D

Chimps Childminding
22-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I have that with one of mine!! Mum comes and says shall we go home - lo says NO and carries on with whatever she is doing!!!:D When it first happened I felt awful, but now me and mum just laugh it off!