PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy child!

samkeddy
22-09-2010, 06:23 PM
hi,
im getting really down at the min cos my full time mindee is sooo hard to please, i plan activities (around things she likes) and she loses intrest and concentration in minutes, she never shares or wants to play with my children, she always complains shes tired so doesnt want to play (but cant get her to nap anymore, she's 2.5yrs), and she REALLY sulks whenever she's told not to do something!
I hate how hard i'm finding it cos i wanted to do this job soo much, and i love it, i love all the other mindees i have but she's becoming really hard work!

Any advise would be great
Thanks x

Mookins
22-09-2010, 06:42 PM
easier said than done hun i know but have you tried ignoring the suking?....you may find she will soon join in...perhaps she just likes the attention of you trying to get her to join in

big hugs

xxx

rharrison43140
22-09-2010, 06:46 PM
When my son was 2.5years, he was exactly the same in terms of behaviour. He suddenly had an issue with whatever we did, he was interested in anything and even if I gave him his favourite things to play with or activities to do, he would still sulk and seem fed up. I just ignored him in the end (as said above) and eventually he started coming back to things on his own.
I think it was just a phase, just his way of asserting himself and showing me that he was independent/a big boy now! Lol! :laughing:
HTH! xx

samkeddy
22-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks for your replies i will try ignoring,
its just really depressing when i spend all day feeling like i cant make her happy! i want to be good at my job!

sarah707
22-09-2010, 07:17 PM
It sounds to me like you are trying too hard.

Give yourself a hug xx

samkeddy
22-09-2010, 07:25 PM
It sounds to me like you are trying too hard.

Give yourself a hug xx

maybe! :(

georgie456
22-09-2010, 07:56 PM
My full timer who is 3 in Nov is doing this at the moment. He just sits and sulks regardless of what we are doing and when I ask him what's up he just says he wants the telly on. We are going the ignoring route which seems to be slowly working....

sillysausage
22-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I've been through that before and found that telling the child 'if you want to miserable go and do it ...(in the chair/at the table/in the corner etc), if you want to be happy then we're doing.......' had a positive effect.