PDA

View Full Version : OMG Head teacher on my doorstep!!!!!!!

claire'scherubs
22-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Some of you may have seen my rant earlier about a parent and after school club. Well I text mum and told her that I could not collect her child from school like she had assumed and she replied at 4.20pm, 5 mins after she should have been collected. She said S said my DS was going so thought it would be ok, to wish I replied yes he is going however not today AND he would either walk home or grandparents would bring him home, as it was unfair of me to walk the children to and from school, in a short period of time (particularly as one of them has walking difficulties anyway).

She said ok then I will ring the school and tell them that S can walk to yours alone. I said ok I will text you when she arrives. She text me back, left a message on the answer phone:eek: Next thing I know HT and KS1 teacher on my driveway with said mindee, brought her home and not a very happy chappy at all. I explained that mother had assumed and he said that he understood but to be careful as this could reflect on me too. So now I am panicking. Done an incident at school form and handed it to Mum, what more can I do????? School also raised concerns with me last week about her eating habit (a previous thread on here about my concerns), which I also passed on to Mum. Seriously thinking about giving notice as I really don't want to get caught up in this

candy cat
22-09-2010, 06:25 PM
I think it was a difficult situation,but would not be happy with her coming home alone.....we have to be so careful and things go wrong it is amazing how parents can turn. I would tell her never to put you in that situation again....her child her problem!! Then decide if you want to give notice.cx

Ripeberry
22-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Are the familly know troublemakers then? :(

claire'scherubs
22-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Are the familly know troublemakers then? :(

No not at all, but she does expect everyone to run around after her. 2 childminders, 1 nanny and a nursery for her 3 children. Do wonder sometimes though when I here that she allowed her 12 year old son to travel to London and across London by himself, but needs a childminder for him after school (Not me). The mindee that comes to me does not eat a balanced healthy diet at all, and school has picked up that she eats barely nothing at school, just wonder where they could be going with this, is it neglect????

Mookins
22-09-2010, 06:32 PM
:(
oh my word:panic: why is she not thinking properly!!!
sillywoman...the dangers around, and shes expecting you to drop everything last minute!!!

:panic: howss that going to come back on you? if you arent to know of any changes grrrr

xxx

jumpinjen
22-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Could you write a policy in response the the said incident and say that x number of hours notice is required for any changes to ensure that no misunderstandings are made in future. You could copy the school into it and into your incident report as they already have concerns. Mum then can have no come back if she springs things on you and you cannot do it.

Jen x

Pipsqueak
22-09-2010, 09:20 PM
What a load of twaddle - it reflecting badly on you.
HOW exactly. The parent has assumed - wrongly, you correctly contacted the parent in adequate time to correct the situation. if the parent was to cause trouble for you, yes of course Ofsted has to investigate but you have done everything right.

Keep all texts/correspondance and make a note of everything that has transpired today.

Formally talk to the parent and explain that she cannot assume anything llike this in the future and to please check with you. Sounds like she thinks you are the hired help - perhaps you need to explain the difference.

Next, get the parent to sign it if possible.I would perhaps also get the teachers who were on your doorstep to sign it as well as a representation of their part in this.

At the very least document and keep as part of your records.

The teacher may have been well meaning in what they said but:(
This covers your back, and documents.

claire'scherubs
23-09-2010, 09:02 PM
HOW exactly. The parent has assumed - wrongly, you correctly contacted the parent in adequate time to correct the situation. if the parent was to cause trouble for you, yes of course Ofsted has to investigate but you have done everything right.

Keep all texts/correspondance and make a note of everything that has transpired today.

Formally talk to the parent and explain that she cannot assume anything llike this in the future and to please check with you. Sounds like she thinks you are the hired help - perhaps you need to explain the difference.

Next, get the parent to sign it if possible.I would perhaps also get the teachers who were on your doorstep to sign it as well as a representation of their part in this.

Brilliant idea thanks onto it now x

claire'scherubs
24-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Ok, final update I hope. Had a coffee afternoon at school, so off me and the 3 LO's went. I took with me an incident report, copy of my independent arrival policy and a newly introduced After School Club policy and handed them to the headteacher with a letter explaining that they were for his file. He was extremely impressed and actually quite complimentary. He also stated that at least this would show that we were working in partnership:) :) :)

So, I think that I have covered myself and also got some good prove for Ofsted when they inspect me again, only problem is they probably won't be interested as its an Over 8. I also think that the family are being closely monitored by the school as I said earlier they have major issues too with her eating.

bexcee
25-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Ok, final update I hope. Had a coffee afternoon at school, so off me and the 3 LO's went. I took with me an incident report, copy of my independent arrival policy and a newly introduced After School Club policy and handed them to the headteacher with a letter explaining that they were for his file. He was extremely impressed and actually quite complimentary. He also stated that at least this would show that we were working in partnership:) :) :)

So, I think that I have covered myself and also got some good prove for Ofsted when they inspect me again, only problem is they probably won't be interested as its an Over 8. I also think that the family are being closely monitored by the school as I said earlier they have major issues too with her eating.

Well done :clapping: that sounds great and that you have done everything you can to safeguard against this happening again. You would of gone up in the school's eyes as well which can only be a good thing :clapping:

Bananabrain
25-09-2010, 02:54 PM

Absolutely Pip, well said that lady. Why should we always have to pick up the pieces when parents mess up? We have enough on our plates.
Teachers were outrageous to suggest that this was the childminder's fault.
I recently had a similar situation. Was going to a funeral. Asked Dad if he wanted me to sort another childminder for the day. He said no I'll pick him up................................................ .....I went to my funeral. Dad forgot!!!!{after school club/school were frantic as Dad turned up at school at 4.15 looking for his son}Turned out child had walked home and was sitting on doorstep!
Was that MY fault? I don't think so.