PDA

View Full Version : Really Annoyed!!!!!!!!

claire'scherubs
22-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Just need a rant really, cause the more I think about it the more its winding me up.

Mother turns up this morning first day of the week and says oh DH will pay you tonight, cause thats the way I like it!!!! Excuse me?????

Then tonight I am ASSUMING I am picking up and after schoolie after guitar club, cause she has gone to school with her guitar (no one has asked me!!!!!), its going to be a complete nightmare as no sooner I get home I am going to have to go back and fetch her, oh and cook tea at the same time, so walk 6 home then turn round and walk 7 back

Parents:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

caz3007
22-09-2010, 12:59 PM
I wouldnt do it, if they havent asked you if you are prepared to, then collect at normal time and if she doesnt appear then go into the office and say you are there to collect.

I dont do after school clubs and dont intend to either, parents have always made other arrangements without even asking as they realise it wouldnt be practical

claire'scherubs
22-09-2010, 01:04 PM
I think she has assumed it was ok as my DS is doing it, HOWEVER, DH is collecting him early from school today for a hospital appointment AND when he has done after school clubs in the past he has walked home on his own (8yr)

clio0602
22-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't be doing that, unless the school was very close! I'd contact her and tell her you can't manage it with all the other mindees and will have to make other arrangements! :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
22-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Is your husband usually at home in time for after school club pick up? If he is and is willing why don't you register him as your Assistant? He would need to do the First Aid course and then he could, with parents permission, pop over and collect from school so you don't have to take all the children out.

claire'scherubs
22-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Is your husband usually at home in time for after school club pick up? If he is and is willing why don't you register him as your Assistant? He would need to do the First Aid course and then he could, with parents permission, pop over and collect from school so you don't have to take all the children out.

No not normally, as I have considered it

claire'scherubs
22-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't be doing that, unless the school was very close! I'd contact her and tell her you can't manage it with all the other mindees and will have to make other arrangements! :rolleyes:

School is close......in the car, but I have 7 tonight so no can do. Have I really got to grow a set and text her now or shall I just make it blooming difficult for myself:blush:

Daftbat
22-09-2010, 03:15 PM
This can be a real problem - i used to collect from after school activity clubs but had the same problem as the OP. I made a decision not to carry on since i felt it was unfair to walk the other children back to school especially in bad weather. Now the parents make alternative arrangements - sometimes with my help and the children get dropped off to my house by friends of the parents.

gigglinggoblin
22-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Did you text? I would have done, its not fair on other kids to be spending the whole evening trailing round in the rain!

claire'scherubs
22-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Did you text? I would have done, its not fair on other kids to be spending the whole evening trailing round in the rain!

yes i did, see my update about headteacher OMG!!!!!