PDA

View Full Version : Double buggy advice please

catmax0779
22-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi all,
I am a newly registered childminding and have mindees starting in 2 weeks.
Although I already have prams on some days it looks like a double buggy would be a big help (as I will have a 5mth, 22mth and 2 1/2 yr)
My problem is I don't know where to start in terms of which one/type to get.
It needs to be easy enough to fold down and lift in and out of the car (Zafira) and lie back as 1 mindee is 5 months old.
Any advice on what people use, which they have found easiest (side by side/front and rear) ect would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you (hope it all makes sense LOL)

jaja
22-09-2010, 09:59 AM
my silver cross duo pop is fantastic and goes in my zafira boot, i got mine from ebay for 100 quid, although can get them cheaper hope this helps xxx

loocyloo
22-09-2010, 11:58 AM
my friend has a zafira and uses a phil & teds double. goes in and out of her boot no trouble.

i use a maclaren side by side as my 'car buggy'. mine lies flat ( or as close as! )

xxx

mrs coops
22-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi i've just got an baby jogger city micro. which was expensive but comes with a lifetime guarente (sp?) and its really light and easy to put down.got it from kiddie kingdom as they do next day delivery and were really helpfull.
:clapping:

kirsty1329
22-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I've got the baby jogger city mini double and its just fab. It fits in my zafira with all the seats up as well which is a bonus. Its really hard to get a double buggy which fits in that tiny space. I managed to get mine second hand as their £300 new. I love it though!!!

Kirsty xxx

catmax0779
22-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Thank you everyone, I've been looking at double buggys today and choosing one is not as easy as I first thought, there's so many to choose from LOL

theplayroom
22-09-2010, 07:58 PM
I have a good old classic double maclaren with a buggy board (9 month old, 2 year old and a nearly 3 year old!) and it fits into my corsa!

phoebe-alice
23-09-2010, 10:51 AM
I'd say the maclaren too, I've got one and it fits in my wee fiesta perfect, its really good as well as it just fits through standard door frames so you can get around the shops too. :)
As I used to have a double side by side that was just too big to take seriously, I actually got mine on gumtree and it was only £50, I was pretty happy with that.
Hope you find what your looking for Phoebe x x

Jelly Baby
23-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi we have not long had our Zafira and have to say my parents twin maclaren wont fit in. I bought a new o'baby one a few weeks back and it fits in fine but broke last week so has gone back grr! Both side by side btw.x

mrs_scottydog
23-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi, I would advise getting a side by side double as the tandem ones can feel heavier to use. One of my friends has the Phil and Ted though and is really happy with it. If you're not sure, maybe go and try a few out in some of the bigger stores before you buy.
I've got an old double Maclaren which if I replace I'd go for a newer Maclaren, as I'm really happy with my new single one.

crazyhazy
23-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I have a phil and teds and love it, used it almost daily for over two years and still love it! My folks have a zafira and it fits in the boot fine, even with one of the back seats up and my dads wheelchair in there!

TraceyShaw
23-09-2010, 08:45 PM
I walk absolutely everywhere - Had mothercare one originally didn't like but was provided by parent :).
Then had Maclaren good but sometimes felt not sturdy enough.
Currently have a we2combi (Side by side) like this - particularly way folds as free stands on wheels so doesn't take up much space fits in the boot of my galaxy. Lo's like bar on front and places for snacks.

Anyone got any thoughts on getting four little ones around??? I think I am insane :panic: :panic: