PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream

jemb
21-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Im just wondering if you would give ice-cream as a dessert?

On a Friday my own children have ice cream on a cone for dessert. I have two new school aged children now on a Friday for dinner and I gave them the same dessert. They were eating them when mum came to collect them and she didn't say anything, but I do wonder what she thought?!

I'm just wondering if that was a no-no?!

ajs
21-09-2010, 02:07 PM
why ever not
she probably did not say anything as it wasn't a problem and didn't need to

i would and have given ice cream to my little ones

little chickee
21-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Whats wrong with ice cream? Once or twice a week as a treat is perfectly fine.

Playmate
21-09-2010, 02:40 PM
quite agree with everything said so far. Pudding in my house is yogurt, fruit or ice cream :D

Blackhorse
21-09-2010, 02:49 PM
I tend to do ice cream as a treat when the weather is nice.
I dont usually give ice cream any other time as I am just not used to having ice cream myself unless it is a nice sunny day, so probably wouldnt occur to me.

It wouldnt bother me though...
a cake/ice cream here and there as dessert surely is fine.
I actually state this on my sample menu.
desserts will be fruit/joghurts etc and every so often cakes, ice cream etc

if the rest of your food menu is healthy surely there cant be an issue with an ice cream I would have thought

caz3007
21-09-2010, 02:58 PM
We also have ice cream or lollies especially when its warm, they are popular with the children

Pipsqueak
21-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Ice- cream to me is a perfectly acceptable dessert.
TBH, i think most things, in moderation are perfectly acceptable. If things are banned outright or its made out to be the big bad monster then kids will want it all the more.

Gosh you could even make your own ice-cream and make it into a learning experience.

sweets
21-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Ice- cream to me is a perfectly acceptable dessert.
TBH, i think most things, in moderation are perfectly acceptable. If things are banned outright or its made out to be the big bad monster then kids will want it all the more.

Gosh you could even make your own ice-cream and make it into a learning experience.

mmm is it still acceptable with 2 kinds of sauce on and 3 lots of sprinkles! lol :laughing: :laughing:

funfunfun
21-09-2010, 04:28 PM
we have everything under the sun :)

A pudding is a pudding ...............

Mindees mum walked in once and mindee had a huge jam doughnut in his mouth :)

She didnt look too happy .............he loved it though & what ever i give my own children i give the mindees :laughing:

Pipsqueak
21-09-2010, 04:57 PM
mmm is it still acceptable with 2 kinds of sauce on and 3 lots of sprinkles! lol :laughing: :laughing:

even more so acceptable:D :laughing:

Ben and jerrys would be the PERFECTO momento however - a whole tub to ones self - that is moderation I think!!! lol

jemb
21-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Good to hear, thanks!! I feel the same - what is acceptable to my children is fine for mindees. Its a Friday treat and they deserved it. It was just hard to judge mums reaction...! I might mention it casually next time we see her!:idea:

sweets
21-09-2010, 05:43 PM
even more so acceptable:D :laughing:

Ben and jerrys would be the PERFECTO momento however - a whole tub to ones self - that is moderation I think!!! lol

ben and jerrys is far too good for the children :eek: :laughing: personally i prefer hagan das.

the mindees in my house get morrisons own make neopolitan :blush: :laughing: they love choosing which colour to have and often go for all three! lol

LOOPYLISA
21-09-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm not that keen on ice cream:blush:

I only like ben and jerrys cookie dough and baileys h Diaz :)

nokidshere
22-09-2010, 06:49 AM
given the choice my mindees woiuld have an ice lolly or cone every day after dinner!