PDA

View Full Version : How many risk assessments???

lizzymoonshine
21-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

Just doing the dreaded risk assessments! I have a big one for the home, every room, car, walking, all the different parks and indoor play areas, Farms, sand play, water play, messy play. I know it says we need one for everything the children come into contact with, but when can i stop? lol :)

angeldelight
21-09-2010, 12:00 PM
I have 500

:eek: :eek:

Angel xx

rharrison43140
21-09-2010, 12:04 PM
:eek: Oh my goodness me! Angel are you serious? That is soooooooooooooooo many! :eek:
I seriously need to write some more out then! Lol! :)
Angel what are your 500 for?! :eek:

angeldelight
21-09-2010, 12:06 PM
:eek: Oh my goodness me! Angel are you serious? That is soooooooooooooooo many! :eek:
I seriously need to write some more out then! Lol! :)
Angel what are your 500 for?! :eek:

Sorry I forgot to come back and say I was kidding haha haha

I am in a daft mood ignore me

:laughing: :laughing:

I have a fair few but no where near 500 ha ha

Just basic every day ones that are common sense really

Angel xx

jumpinjen
21-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi all,

Just doing the dreaded risk assessments! I have a big one for the home, every room, car, walking, all the different parks and indoor play areas, Farms, sand play, water play, messy play. I know it says we need one for everything the children come into contact with, but when can i stop? lol :)

I do a once yearly RA for the house and garden,

I RA school runs, walking, playgrounds, being by water, using the car.

I have RA'd the regular playgroups and softplay that we use.

I then RA other places as they come up such as trips to pick your own, the farm, castle, other days out and file them in order!

I actually find it quite useful to see what has changed and what needs doing. It is a very useful piece of evidence for your safety requirements, and can show progression of your setting :)

jen x

angeldelight
21-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi all,

You ok anyway Liz? Have not spoke for a while and I can not find your number can you resend it me

xxx

georgie456
21-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I have 500

:eek: :eek:

Angel xx

Angel! I actually made the :eek: face in real life!!!! Then I read below that you were joking...... :blush:

sarah707
21-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I have a big file full of them.

every time I think I have enough something happens.

For example, I have a little one with a pot on his leg so I wrote a RA for him today.

Tomorrow my garage is being re-roofed so I wrote one for that.

I have changed the children I take to childminding group so I have a new one for the journey and managing their needs while at group.

And so it goes on! :D

Dragonfly
21-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Sorry Sarah you said you have a little one with a pot on his leg. Whats that?:idea:

sarah707
21-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Sorry Sarah you said you have a little one with a pot on his leg. Whats that?:idea:

Oh sorry it's me being a Yorkshire girl :o

He has a plaster cast :D

Dragonfly
21-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Ah with you now! thought at first you had left the s out and he had a spot on his leg couldnt think why you would do a risk assessement for that:laughing:

angeldelight
21-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Angel! I actually made the :eek: face in real life!!!! Then I read below that you were joking...... :blush:

I should have made out I was serious :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

angeldelight
21-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I have a big file full of them.

every time I think I have enough something happens.

For example, I have a little one with a pot on his leg so I wrote a RA for him today.

Tomorrow my garage is being re-roofed so I wrote one for that.

I have changed the children I take to childminding group so I have a new one for the journey and managing their needs while at group.

And so it goes on! :D

A pot on his leg

I have visions of him with a pottie on his leg / foot - we call it pot or pottie here

I have never ever heard of pot on his leg

Thats really funny :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

georgie456
21-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh sorry it's me being a Yorkshire girl :o

He has a plaster cast :D

I thought you meant 'spot' and had just missed the S off!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

I was wondering why you'd need a RA for a child with a spotty leg! Glad someone else asked what a 'pot' was now!!!!

christine e
21-09-2010, 07:58 PM
A pot on his leg

I have visions of him with a pottie on his leg / foot - we call it pot or pottie here

I have never ever heard of pot on his leg

Thats really funny :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

We say pot on around here for plaster cast

Cx

charlie potato
21-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I wouldnt have thought that my ra would need to include stupid drivers mounting the kerb at speed and driving straight towards you, your son and your mindee but that definately happened today. So shocked i couldnt say a word to her as she got out of the car. Its a wide pavement and ppl park their cars full on the pavement. I've considered reporting it to the headteacher tomorrow. zz:panic:

miffy
21-09-2010, 09:10 PM

Cx

We do indeed!

I knew exactly what you meant Sarah!

Miffy xx

angeldelight
21-09-2010, 09:56 PM

Cx

Still think its really funny