PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed on pretend play resources from ikea

bexcee
21-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Have been looking to increase my pretend play toys and came across these in ikea.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/search/?query=duktig

does anyone have been and if so what are they like? Nearest Ikea is a 45 minute drive so just wondering if it is worth the journey.

Thanks

bexcee
21-09-2010, 09:23 AM
BTW it's mainly the fruit and veg baskets that I'm looking at.

http://http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70185745

Mouse
21-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Ooh, I've not seen those! Guess who's off to Ikea at the weekend :laughing:

little miss chatterbox
21-09-2010, 09:25 AM
ooooooh they look great!

bexcee
21-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I think they are new, I got a catalgue last week and then just found them online when I was looking at highchairs :) they seem really good value don't they, just wondering how big they are.

ruby
21-09-2010, 09:26 AM
don't have the fruit and veg baskets yet:)
but have some of the others and they are great

cathy

angiemog
21-09-2010, 09:33 AM
I have the cake and icecream set which I think is lovely. The only thing I have found is that the children do put the fabric in their mouths which makes it difficult to keep them clean. The plastic play food can just be washed. Most of my mindees are 2 and under so I would say it depends on what age children you have and whether they are likely to try and eat it. x

Carpet Monkeys
21-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I was in Ikea the other day and saw these - I thought they were lovely, should've brought some but had to limit myself!!! Perhaps next time :)

Chimps Childminding
21-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I have the cake and icecream set which I think is lovely. The only thing I have found is that the children do put the fabric in their mouths which makes it difficult to keep them clean. The plastic play food can just be washed. Most of my mindees are 2 and under so I would say it depends on what age children you have and whether they are likely to try and eat it. x

That was my only thought - lovely as they are 2 of my mindees chew everything so not sure how good they would be for me. They look lovely though, and a good price

MyOwnMelody
21-09-2010, 10:21 AM
I have the cake, icecream and veg ones need the fruit now! They are very cute and the lettue leaves all come completly off the lettue which i thought was rather cool! :laughing: easily amused arent I ? I think its worth the trip if you top off at the cafe and get ikea meatballs and gravy :clapping:

loocyloo
21-09-2010, 12:49 PM
i love them all!

also very taken by the china/glass/tin teasets/baking sets etc!

if i hadn't spent a fortune only last october buying wooden food/tea sets etc etc i would be very tempted! but i'm being good!;)

we've got a few ikea toys, they seem to last and last!

love the ikea 'hama' beads (use them by the ton!) and the children all love their stamper pens!

bexcee
21-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Right you've convinced me and I'm off to Ikea tomorrow! :jump for joy:

mummyof3
21-09-2010, 01:05 PM
WOW I want these! I think an ikea trip is on the cards on pay day ;)

jumpinjen
21-09-2010, 01:29 PM
My kids all love an ikea trip.... they play in the bedrooms and with the play kitchen and love having cake and sitting on the high stools in the cafe trying to spot our car out of the windows!!!

jen x

Toothfairy
21-09-2010, 04:13 PM
They look fab.....I feel a trip to Ikea coming on :D

pinklady
21-09-2010, 05:22 PM
I've got the fruit and veg and I, I mean the children :blush: love playing with them. Can be machine washed too :thumbsup:

Monkey1
21-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I have all of them.....they are fab:thumbsup: also got the new soft farm animals which i love especially the swans and piglets!

snufflepuff
21-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I have got the fruit and veg baskets for my son for christmas, I fell in love with them and had to buy them so used christmas as an excuse! I love the little fabric farm and animals too but really couldn't afford it all in one go.
I love ikea!

Carol M
21-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I have the veg and breakfast set.Kids love em!
Also, got a soft football which is a big hit here.
Carol xx

helenlc
23-09-2010, 05:38 PM
I saw these in a mailing I got from Ikea last week - also with a voucher for £10 off if I spend £60 or more!!

I can easily spend £60 or more - so am off to Ikea next week!!!:clapping:

WibbleWobble
23-09-2010, 05:39 PM
I saw these in a mailing I got from Ikea last week - also with a voucher for £10 off if I spend £60 or more!!

i got that voucher too..i cant go to Ikea and NOT spend £60!

mandy xxx

Pixie dust
23-09-2010, 06:29 PM
wow they look great My nearest store is approx 2 hours away I think I will be planning a trip very soon, better start saving now as always spend far too much as I don't get there very often.

Daisy1956
23-09-2010, 07:27 PM
You can get a 25% off card for Ikea. Just sign up on-line or in store saw it on Martin Lewis Money saving site.

newandlearning
23-09-2010, 08:36 PM

:laughing: :laughing: .. I can totally relate and...

you know what I've now done.. I've put a pic of my lil ones (from my new pogo printer) in my purse.. where I used to keep my credit card.. now everytime I wanna spend .. which is around every 5 hours.. I look at my pic and think of them instead..

its been a week and so far its working x:o

I really need to get a grip with my resources.. I don't know where to put anything new right now..x

bexcee
23-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Is the 25% discount card the same as the family card? I already have one of those but only get a discount on certain items. Just looking on mse and ikea websites now but can't find anything about it.

I am going on Saturday - combining it with a trip to Costco so going to be an expensive day!

Chell
24-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Where did you get the £10 off voucher? I've got a Family card, I wonder if I will get a voucher. I want the toy kitchen for DDs Christmas and some new toilet seats (not for DDs Christmas :laughing: ).