PDA

View Full Version : Weird Situation

KatrinaW
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I have two after school mindees (brother and sister) - hours vary week to week (dependant on mum's shift pattern), I had a week off so she said she would ring me during my holiday week to let me know when she needed me next and the hours for that following week. Now she never did... to be honest I found them a bit of a handful at times and so just presumed she would ring me...now it has been 2 weeks and I have not seen or heard from them.
Should I ring them? I mean technically I should still be charging her for these hours that she has contracted but not used...I wonder if she actually read that bit.

I'm just not sure what to say? Something like "I've not heard from you is everything ok?" But what about the payments "Would you like me to send a bill for the booked unused hours for the last couple of weeks?".....I don't know how to put it across.

I should have just phoned myself when I had not heard..but I was glad of the break :doh:

emmadines
07-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I have two after school mindees (brother and sister) - hours vary week to week (dependant on mum's shift pattern), I had a week off so she said she would ring me during my holiday week to let me know when she needed me next and the hours for that following week. Now she never did... to be honest I found them a bit of a handful at times and so just presumed she would ring me...now it has been 2 weeks and I have not seen or heard from them.
Should I ring them? I mean technically I should still be charging her for these hours that she has contracted but not used...I wonder if she actually read that bit.

I'm just not sure what to say? Something like "I've not heard from you is everything ok?" But what about the payments "Would you like me to send a bill for the booked unused hours for the last couple of weeks?".....I don't know how to put it across.

I should have just phoned myself when I had not heard..but I was glad of the break :doh:

I would just send her an ivoice and follow on with a letter stating she has broken the terms of her contract and asking her to contact you!!! imo it does sound strange not to hear from them....

Banana
07-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I would call and ask if everything was alright and if you dont get an answer then I woul send an invoice through the post.

good luck

x

LittleMissSparkles
07-04-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree with Banana xxx

KatrinaW
07-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Yes I think I will call and see what is happening and then bring up the payment issue afterwards if she hasn't realised.
I am kicking myself for not phoning but my week off was my week OFF IYSWIM - not chasing them up then my DS was a bit ill so didn't get round to phoning them then.

son77
07-04-2008, 12:22 PM
But its not uo to you to chase them, they should have rang.

Call them & ask if all ok, you wondered why you hadn't heard from them.

Whatever answer she gives you just say ok, I'll put your invoice in the post & leave it at that!!

emmadines
07-04-2008, 12:25 PM
But its not uo to you to chase them, they should have rang.

Call them & ask if all ok, you wondered why you hadn't heard from them.

Whatever answer she gives you just say ok, I'll put your invoice in the post & leave it at that!!

i agree!!!!

Twinkles
07-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Yes , give her a call and take it from there. It's your money and she did sign the contract.

Saz
08-04-2008, 09:17 AM
What happened? Did you call her?

(Interested to read these senarios in case it ever happens once I start minding)