PDA

View Full Version : welcome wall display anyone?

newandlearning
21-09-2010, 08:51 AM
hi all..

I've had various welcome type wall displays last year I had a 'what are we doing this week?' display .. and I'd write places we were going or special toys we'd be playing with..

it was a lot of work along with everything else.. and sometimes we didn't always visit where I thought we might...

does anyone else do something like this at all?

;)

helenlc
21-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Sounds like too much hard work to me!!!:laughing:

I have some notice boards in my lobby/porch area. I have my Ofsted certificate here, my public liability insurance, a sample menu, a welcome sign in different languages, a toddler rules poster and some examples of the childrens's work. But thats it.

I have one of those plastic wallet display things hanging up in the play room - this has what month we are on, some examples of the work/pictures the children have done with the months topic. I can easily change this by putting things in and out the top.

I have also just ordered this one too:

http://www.letterbox.co.uk/20670-13615/allsorts-picture-pockets

I like all the different size pockets and think it will be easy enough to take things in and out regularly with not too much effort!!!:blush:

I think its up to you in regards to what you want to display but also being aware of keeping on top of it too.

mama2three
21-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I printed off a picture of a train with 3 carriages , from communication4all , and write on the activities we aim to do each day .
The train is mounted on a painted canvas , and clouds with each childs name on velcro are stuck on when the child is here to make the steam..
Not describing it very well , but cant find my camera lead to put a photo on!

youarewhatyoueat
21-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I use these hanging on the back of the door as I like to be able to put everything away at the weekend
http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/find.asp?src=ADWORDS&name=a4 wall hanger

Oh didn't open in quite the right place but there is a selection of wall hangers for pictures and photos

loocyloo
21-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I printed off a picture of a train with 3 carriages , from communication4all , and write on the activities we aim to do each day .
The train is mounted on a painted canvas , and clouds with each childs name on velcro are stuck on when the child is here to make the steam..
Not describing it very well , but cant find my camera lead to put a photo on!

that sounds really nice. please find your camera lead soon!

Chimps Childminding
21-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I also have the plastic hanging walllet thingy!!! One with photo's in and one with big A4 pockets that I use to put in what we are doing this week/month, childrens colouring etc. Plan was that I would take them down at the end of the week and pop them away, sounds simple, but do I do it????? NO!!!!!!!!! they only seem to come down if I am off for a while :rolleyes:

mama2three
21-09-2010, 04:29 PM
that sounds really nice. please find your camera lead soon!

have found the lead but when i try to upload the picture i get the website cannot be displayed message . will keep trying though. i think its too big , no idea how to resize it:rolleyes: