PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please

SparklingGems
20-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone

Need a little bit of advice. Mindee aged 3 years old pipes up today and tells me he has a new favourite word swear word . I explain to him its a not very nice word and I dont want to hear it again and he then says I have another new word again he swore.

He then later swears to another mindee

Now my question is unfortunately I could not speak to mum as she picked up from toddler group and I was changing a nappy and it was manic so due to confidentuality I said nothing but told her I needed a chat tomorrow.

What would you do in this situation? Do I need to record anything down?

Thanks

Mookins
20-09-2010, 08:25 PM
hi ... possibly a note to mum, copy for your records too,possibly getting her to sign it, just covering what you actually tell her. That its un-acceptable etc etc.

at least then if it continues you have proof of wha youve asked parent to do....
hth

xx

Carol M
20-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Handle it sensitively, she will most probably be embarassed as it's possible he has heard this language at home!
Keep explaining to lo it's not nice and hopefully mum will do the same at home. Or you could ignore it? No reaction from you and he will get bored.
Document it in diary so if it becomes a major problem you can use it for whatever you need it for.
Carol xx

SparklingGems
20-09-2010, 08:44 PM
I tried ignoring it at first but he just said it louder and I really didnt want the little ones repeating it. When I told him it wasn't nice he told me his mummy lets him say it. I said well please don't say it when your with me