PDA

View Full Version : Next steps help

*donnalouise*
20-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I observed my 6 mth old mindee picking up a potato masher (from treasure box). She waved it around.. and the n I sang to her ' this is the way we mash our spuds, mash our spud.... on a cold and frosty morning(to mulberry bush tune) with the help of my 3 r old. She went nuts and waved the masher around like a looney :clapping:

Im just writing up but struggling for my next steps??

mamasheshe
20-09-2010, 07:56 PM
more songs with actions? musical instruments and songs?

mash for tea:laughing: :laughing:

*donnalouise*
20-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks for that. My mind had gone blank! Ive written set aside time to sing action songs and encourage participation. Use instruments / other resources (such as spoons and pans) to make this more interesting.

Chimps Childminding
20-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Good ideas, I really struggle with next steps :blush:

gegele
20-09-2010, 08:05 PM
yes music and insrument with card box, pan plastic bowwl and wooden spoon in a basket to explore banging and rythm, bang 3 time to see if she copy or expect it... experience difference sound, resonning, texture....

then you can move to make your own instrument with bottle and make a shaker that you shake along a music....

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

blue bear
21-09-2010, 05:08 PM
you could look at potatoes, potato prints, go to veg shop, try mash, chips etc. i know baby is only little but would still enjoy experiences along side 3yr old.

Or you could look at adding different items to treasure box to want to investigate by adding things of different weights, materials etc.

I love the song and instrument ideas

sandy64
21-09-2010, 05:25 PM
hi you could make a fruit/veg box let lo explore whats in it touch smell etc you could also do it with plastic food add a dish and spoon and observe:)

CHEEKY BEE
21-09-2010, 06:12 PM
visit to ur local library for baby rhyme time (if they do it)

my local library does one on the last tues of the month. baby will enjoy the music, instruments and other babies to sing with.

also something ofsted commented on my obs was to make sure i did one to show the next step. u probably are already doing that but something i hadn't thought of:)