PDA

View Full Version : Menu suggestions?

maisiemog
20-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Any easy to cook, cheap to make but tasty menu ideas for me to use?

I'm writing up my new menu for the winter at the moment and ran out of ideas already! So far I have:

Sausages and mash
roast chicken dinner
Tuna pasta bake
Spag Bog
Cottage Pie

Any other ideas?

little miss chatterbox
20-09-2010, 07:32 PM
meat pie
lasagne
cheese and potato pie
meatballs
home made burgers
casseroles (sausage, chicken, beef)
toad in the hole

green puppy
20-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Chilli and rice, macaroni cheese (with bacon is nice), fish pie, home made pizza ( I mix veg & tomatoes for sauce, add meat & cheese ), mince,beans & mash, soups & home made croutons, chicken,pasta & pesto, omelettes, jacket potatoes.........

sarah707
21-09-2010, 07:08 AM
I posted my menu the other day.

have a nosey you should be able to find it :D

charliegee
21-09-2010, 08:20 AM
I have to say I found netmums (:blush: ) quite good for ideas on cheap but filling tasty meals

My thing at the moment has been to go to supermarkets - buy a big load of mince and can make a variety of things like chili (baby chili!) spag bol, cottage pie and even did some baby buritos which went down well and put together with lots of veg - my family love it!

also slow cookers are a godsend! x:)

Chatterbox Childcare
21-09-2010, 08:35 AM
mine is on Sarah's too but I have attached it in case it helps. I have based mine over 5 weeks because of 5 week months and then ask the children what they would like. The shopping list for each week are at the bottom of the page as well individually

little miss chatterbox
21-09-2010, 08:47 AM
oh could you post your recipe for the burritos please? They sound lovely!

sweets
21-09-2010, 11:32 AM
mine have just had corned beef hash which was was cooked in the slow cooker overnight. its a favourite and always gets eaten up and easy to freeze too.:D

little miss chatterbox
21-09-2010, 11:38 AM
oooooh slow cooked corned beef hash! could I have the recipe for that too please??

sweets
21-09-2010, 11:49 AM
corned beef hash is sooo easy

1 tin of corned beef, i usually the small ones and get the lean, low salt one.
1 onion chopped
2/3 carrots chopped into small chunks
3/4 potatoes chopped into small chunks
teaspoon of marmite (makes the gravy nice!)

chuck it all in the slow cooker and add stock till just covered and cook as long as you want too! lol.

funfunfun
21-09-2010, 12:02 PM
mine is on Sarah's too but I have attached it in case it helps. I have based mine over 5 weeks because of 5 week months and then ask the children what they would like. The shopping list for each week are at the bottom of the page as well individually

Thats fab ......do you shop seperatlly for the mindee's?? & family shop??

little miss chatterbox
21-09-2010, 12:32 PM
that's brill thanks sweets!

crazyhazy
21-09-2010, 01:11 PM
let them make their own pizzas? I done this with 5 preschoolers last week and they loved it, I just made the dough and let them bash it flat and spread sauce on then add toppings etc. I used the recipe from the i can cook website.

little miss chatterbox
28-09-2010, 09:32 AM
sweets, I'm cooking your corned beef hash today - can't wait!

tina robson
22-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi there everyone,

There are some fantastic ideas on here.

I'm trying to find the attachment for the a 5 week menu and a shopping list by chatterbox childcare as I feel that this would be really helpful to me.

I'm not sure if I don't understand how to find it / open it, as im new to using this website but if you could help, I would be very greatful!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks,

Tina. (new childminder)

clairer
25-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Mozzarella pasta bake

Fling lots of chopped cherry tomatoes and chopped garlic on a baking tray with olive oil. Roast for twenty mins. Combine with hot cooked pasta and chopped mozzarella. The kids love it. Serve with garlic bread and lettuce.

smurfette
25-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Mozzarella pasta bake

Fling lots of chopped cherry tomatoes and chopped garlic on a baking tray with olive oil. Roast for twenty mins. Combine with hot cooked pasta and chopped mozzarella. The kids love it. Serve with garlic bread and lettuce.

That sounds yum thanks!!

Carol
25-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Getting hungry now reading all the meal ideas lol

Carol

ja-lula-belli
26-10-2013, 05:32 AM

I was wondering where to find this please

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding