PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury's Active Kids

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I entered for the Sainsbury's Active Kids Free Tree Pack.

I got a letter today to say I was one of the lucky organisations who will receive a free tree pack. I thought fantastic.

I read further down the letter where it says I will be having 30 trees delivered to me in November. 30!!!!!

Any ideas what I can do with them. I thought it was only going to be one:laughing: :laughing:

CHEEKY BEE
20-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Maybe ur local school or preschool might like some.

My daughters' school planted some trees on their field recently.

If their fruit trees u can plant them at the bottom of the garden, u can be self sufficient like the good life:laughing:

miffy
20-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I would have suggested your local school too.

If not is there a branch of the woodland trust near you that would take them

Miffy xx

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 05:42 PM
We've got a huge park near us (Henry VIII used to hunt there!!) I thought about contacting Friend's of Nonsuch Park and ask if they would like them.

The local school's, pre-schools haven't really got the grounds for them

Pipsqueak
20-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Any other minders or your network fancy them?
A community nursery perhaps, old peoples home, the local hospice

miffy
20-09-2010, 05:46 PM
We've got a huge park near us (Henry VIII used to hunt there!!) I thought about contacting Friend's of Nonsuch Park and ask if they would like them.

The local school's, pre-schools haven't really got the grounds for them

Sounds like a good idea! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Any other minders or your network fancy them?
A community nursery perhaps, old peoples home, the local hospice

That's an idea. I might ask the old people's home where my Nana was if they want some. It would be lovely to have them there to remember her by

Mouse
20-09-2010, 06:25 PM
lol! I posted exactly the same thing last year - what was I supposed to do with 30 trees??

I kept some for our garden and gave the rest to school & other cms.

Trouble
20-09-2010, 06:31 PM
There is only you could end up with 30 trees hahahaha:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you could sell them on ebay :D

Mookins
20-09-2010, 06:36 PM
contact your local council...arrange for a donation of trees on behalf of you and your childminding setting....great free advertising:D

well done by the way

xx

Mouse
20-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I have to say, they are tiny when they arrive - not much more that twigs.

I'd had visions of 3 massive trees turning up & kept wondering where I was going to store them all!

littletreasures
20-09-2010, 06:40 PM
I have to say, they are tiny when they arrive - not much more that twigs.

I'd had visions of 3 massive trees turning up & kept wondering where I was going to store them all!

What trees were they?

love381
20-09-2010, 06:42 PM
I've received the same letter - panic came at 30 trees!!!! Was thinking of donating to school, but not sure of rules and regs about it though! x

Mouse
20-09-2010, 07:03 PM
What trees were they?

Last year I got the hedge pack which had holly, hawthorn and others that I can' remember now.

It looks like this is what you get this year

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/take-part/plant-trees/Pages/free-tree-hedge-pack.aspx

green puppy
20-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I entered for the Sainsbury's Active Kids Free Tree Pack.

I got a letter today to say I was one of the lucky organisations who will receive a free tree pack. I thought fantastic.

I read further down the letter where it says I will be having 30 trees delivered to me in November. 30!!!!!

Any ideas what I can do with them. I thought it was only going to be one:laughing: :laughing:

I got this letter too and was thinking the same!!